News

Pure Planet app and web accounts taken offline Monday for major release

Pure Planet app and web accounts taken offline Monday for major release
  • Community Manager
  • 5493 replies

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that the Pure Planet app and web account has been taken offline for a planned release on Monday.

The app will be impacted from 11am, for a few hours, on Monday morning (that’s the 21 June).

As soon as it’s back we’ll update you here.

This work is being done for a major Pure Planet app update with lots of new features and a new design.

There’ll be a new community post which outlines all the great new features when the new app is live. We just wanted to give you a heads-up of the short ‘downtime’.

Once the new app is live, it may not appear in the Apple app store or Google Play store straight away for everyone. It’s not personal! It’s just because Apple and Google have different versions of their app stores, powered by different servers. They do this to manage ‘load’ so everyone isn’t trying to download from the same server at once.

If you need to contact us in an emergency, such as if you lose power, and your app hasn’t updated yet, you can of course use your Pure Planet web account. If it’s an emergency our Member services team will respond immediately.

If you have a power cut what you need to do is call 105, or go to www.PowerCut105.com where you’ll be prompted to report the outage.

If you smell gas you should contact the national gas emergency helpline immediately on 0800 111 999. We’ve got a handy guide on what to do in an emergency here.

We’ll update this post once the release is complete and the new Pure Planet app starts to appear in app stores. We can’t wait for you to see the new pages and features! :relaxed:

Updated Mondy 21 June 8am

Good morning everyone! It’s another day at the races.

Just to say that the new app release is going ahead as planned. More updates to follow throughout the day. Fun times! :smile:

10am update: Following final checks (it’s like the space shuttle launch, this!) we’re aiming to take the app offline from 11am this morning.

11am update. And we’re off! The app’s been taken offline.

11.50am update. Annnnnnnnd…. we’re back. Here’s a post announcing new Pure Planet app.

Remember that the new version may not appear in the app stores for everyone straight away.

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Look forward to seeing it Marc, as know you’ve all worked very very hard on it 👍👍👍👏👏👏#exciting

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Look forward to seeing the new app 👍👍👍

Userlevel 2

Look forward to seeing and using the new features on the app :grinning:

Get the pills or booze out everybody we is going to have withdrawal symptoms on Monday!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Get the pills or booze out everybody we is going to have withdrawal symptoms on Monday!

It's my understanding that it's only the app and web account which will be offline, the community will still be available, or am I wrong?

I must admit I hardly ever open the app, except to download each new statement, as it is correctly worded and dated, unlike the email attachment.

Will be interesting to see what the new features are though

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Duppy is there a difference between the statement that we receive by email and the statement on the App?  What are the differences?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Scubaseahorse 

The only difference is in the name, the email attachment is usually bill4456xxx or  whatever, which means absolutely nothing if saving them and not editing the name. The app statement is Pure Planet Statement XX May - XX June pdf which I downloaded and save into separate folders for each year

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah ok thanks @Duppy 

@Duppy Now I never thought of that. I usually save the email attachment changing its name to say 210620, if it was dated today, and save those. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I do the same @G4RHL 

I must admit I hardly ever open the app, except to download each new statement, as it is correctly worded and dated, unlike the email attachment.

Yes, it’s about time they changed the filename from Bill, to Statement.

@25 quid A bill is a document or statement showing what is owed. A statement is a document or bill showing what is owed. A person can take legal action for recovery of what is due based on either. Perhaps “Request for Payment” is more appropriate when somebody wants paying. But then a bill is also something on the front end of a duck.

I think we’re saying the same thing @G4RHL

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Boy:  Dad, there's a man at the door with a bill 

Dad:  don't be stupid son, it must be a duck with a hat on

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Dad the duck is making noises
That’s because his bill is in-voicing…

I’m throwing invoice in here, an invoice can be a statement but a statement can’t be an invoice unless it specifies terms of payment.

and since the duck is waddling around we may as well provide some muddy waters..

I woke up this mornin’
felt really blue (it was cold)
looked at my woman
I said who are you….

I’m your worst nightmare
you been takin’ da pills
‘bout time you stopped singin tha blues
and you start payin’ them bills

Woman I ain’t got no bill
ain’t no need for payments
I just got lots of paper
but they is all statements..

you bad to the bone
bad to the bone...

@woz An invoice is a statement. It is a statement of what is due.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@woz An invoice is a statement. It is a statement of what is due.

@G4RHL I agree I said as much above. It’s also a request for payment

I just wanted to throw it into the mix…

I would say that calling it a statement or bill only matters when someone misunderstands what they are seeing. The language has sadly fallen into misuse, where most people would say  for example “I keep all my energy bills in case I need to check them”, when they should be saying statements, but as long as they understand how their energy is billed it matters not. It’s a bit like saying I’m going to do the hoovering.

The only time it matters is if, as has happened on occasion, someone looks at a statement and sees the balance thinking it’s a bill (or invoice) for that balance, but just telling them it’s a statement not a bill isn’t going to cut it unless you explain the context.

So much for the blues…

(Ambiguity rules but some people can’t tolerate it -  I’m one of those people, I think we should form a club The Amby Secret Society ... )

@woz Despite what PP call it I view what I am sent as a form of an invoice  for supplies consumed. Payment is controlled by the terms of agreement entered into. We rush to tell members when they complain here about their bills that they are statements not bills but in reality they are bills - also statements, also invoices. Pedantry!

It's my understanding that it's only the app and web account which will be offline, the community will still be available, or am I wrong?

Good morning @Duppy 

Yep, you are indeed correct. Community is available of course! :slight_smile:

Good morning everyone! It’s another day at the races.

Just to say that the new app release is going ahead as planned. More updates to follow throughout the day. Fun times!  :smiley:

A little update.

Following final checks (it’s like the space shuttle launch, this!) we’re aiming to take the app offline from 11am this morning.

And we’re off! The app’s just been taken offline :relaxed:

“They’re off said the monkey as he slid down the razor blade.”

Yup, I’m enjoying the dodgy error message 😉:

Happy landings 🚀