March 2021 Pure Planet Community highlights and points round-up

• 6 April 2021
  • 7 replies
March 2021 Pure Planet Community highlights and points round-up

Hi everyone and welcome to the latest Pure Planet Community highlights and points round-up. 

March officially marked one year in lockdown, can you believe it? Luckily there’ve been plenty of interesting and entertaining conversations going on here in the Community. To mark a full year of lockdown, we’ve been chatting about what we take less for granted, and what we’d do differently now

And @Bev’s wondering have your eating habits changed in lockdown? Or maybe you’ve taken it as a chance to spend time on new skills, like baking, as @Strutt G showed with his amazing cake (send us a slice, please! :yum: ).

yum!

More pet photos kept us smiling this month, including @Barbrajean’s adorable poodle Chloe. Meanwhile, @Bev’s asking if you could have any animal as a pet for the week, what would you choose? So far tigers are proving the most popular! 

As Spring approaches, we’re looking to the outdoors. @LUCKY JO shared a photo of a flower dedicated to our very own @Bev, and @Angelabikerbabe’s garden is full of stunning daffodils - I wonder how many there are?! 
Will you be making the most of the improving weather with some time in the garden? Check out our Community gardening thread.:tulip:  

Of course we can’t forget about Easter, and this year we’re chatting about what your favourite Easter eggs were when growing up, and @Marc’s started a poll to vote for the best one - creme eggs are in the lead right now, so cast your vote if you don’t want to see them crowned as Easter champions. 

Are you curious about how good or bad your sleep pattern is? We’ve been taking part in the BBC’s sleep census - so far @25 quid and @G4RHL have the most impressive sleep patterns!

March’s photo challenge ‘Glorious skies’ was won by @Scubaseahorse with a lovely sunset pic snapped in her garden, proving you don’t need to leave home to enter :heart_eyes: . She’s chosen April’s theme to be a mystery photo challenge!

Scubaseahorse’s winning photo

March saw lots of fantastic discussions around sustainability, including 15 ways to cut your carbon footprint - how many do you do? Let us know! Or maybe you’d go a step further and install a bladeless ‘skybrator’ in your garden? The unusual design has been attracting our attention...

The Community’s a great source of advice, which @benthebuilder has taken advantage of to ask all about electric heating products and how much they cost to run. Similarly, @Shelfy is looking for advice on new boiler systems, as his has given up the ghost. As if that wasn’t enough, @G4RHL has also written a fantastic post on how to save energy via your boiler settings

In March, Pure Planet’s HQ city, Bath, introduced a clean air zone - do you think clean air zones are a good idea in towns and cities? Or have ideas about what could work better? Maybe you’d like to see more electric vehicles around, but will that be possible following the news that the government has cut the EV car grant? It’s causing mixed opinions here in the Community! @Ohit and @Duppy are feeling positive, but @woz isn’t so convinced.

March also saw PP co-founder @Steven Day asking when you were born - but it’s not what you think! Has all of this sustainability chat got you thinking about your local environment? @Steven Day’s also shared how you can get a free air pollution report for where you live.

Thank you everyone for your continued feedback and ideas here in the Community - based on this, we’ve published a new FAQ with a full troubleshooting guide for your IHDs. Thanks to @woz for submitting this idea! While on the subject of FAQs, we’ve also released new and more detailed meter readings guides, for traditional meters and for smart meters. Hope you find them helpful.

In March we released a new version (8.18.3) of your app and web accounts - including a brand new help & support section on our website, and the ability to renew your tariff when approaching the last 50 days of a fixed contract. 

This work also saw an update to our cookies policy for the Pure Planet website and community, to provide clearer information and more choices on how we use cookies. Shoutout to @G4RHL@Bev and @25 quid for their feedback on this. 

We were really happy to announce the launch of our Smart Export Guarantee tariff - you can find out all you need to know about that, and how to apply if interested, on our website

Missed out on taking part in our Pure Planet Futures testing? Don’t worry - more opportunities to test our latest app prototypes are coming soon!

Don’t forget that April means the start of lower monthly Direct Debit payments, as we move into the warmer part of the year. 

And finally, as if the other FAQs weren’t enough, we’ve also published a new guide for how to complete the EO home charger application. If you’re thinking of getting an EV soon, this will be of particular interest to you! 

Been thinking about posting in the Community but not sure how to get started? @Bev and @LUCKY JOwould like to reassure you that it’s not as scary as it looks! Feel free to post any time. :relaxed:

Each month we say thanks to those who contribute to our community by asking and answering questions and participating in discussions on all things related to Pure Planet and renewable energy, and just generally keeping the community safe and fun.

Here's a quick guide to how the Pure Planet community points work which includes how much points are worth, guidance on how to earn points (without giving away our top secret formula!) and when you’ll be able to redeem your points.

Band One - 1,500 points: @Gwyndy @Duppy @Bev @woz @Angelabikerbabe @myauntie @25 quid 
Band Two - 1,000 points: @LUCKY JO @Ohit @stephenrand @G4RHL @Strutt G @David j @Daspy @Scubaseahorse 
Band Three - 500 points: @NannyOgg @GillA @Mavis1 @Rds261189 @Redbaron @donya @DaveSpenner @SusieqClover @Ursulaanne @e_darren @DJGShef @bronleigh @Alan-W- 

Band Four - 200 points: @pdac @traceylomax @Derek643 @MrSmart @Apollo @Landgirl @Moonwolf @Allaghs @cjeam @frosch411 @5C0M4C @LuH @Stal @NAVV @Ally72 @JB218 @KenWDen @jasonwong @schase @Joggern @Shelfy @Alboro @VickyB @GJL 

Band Five - 100 points: @MDF @Charlie78 @zorace @Cmorg @Unkdb @MaryA @nimdy @Olaf T @Sophie l freem @D Anna @Feona @Lynk @Bootneck1959 @Barbrajean @LeslieAv @Tanja @catmac22 @Grandma23 @guy500 @Beard20 @Xtn @Sam Stanley @Dr_Ford @Rachaelhc @PabloH @Hms 

That’s it for the March community round-up. Thanks for checking it out. :sunglasses:

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I know I say this every time, but boy some work goes into these summaries each month Nat 😳👍👏👏👏. Seriously, I’m impressed! And it’s good, cos day by day we forget all the stuff that’s gone on thru the month. You sum it all up fantastically 👍👏👏👏, and makes us realise just how big and fab this community forum has grown! 👏👏👏💕

Badge +2

Thanks @Nataly 

Brilliant round up, as usual. Haven't we been a busy chatty lot  !!!!!!!!!  🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️

Now to get booked in to the hairdressers 💇‍♀️ 💇‍♀️  let's hope I'm not 700th in the queue 😬😉🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I believe it’s a bit of a 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀race Jo, both salons and barbers 💇‍♂️💇🏼‍♀️💈😳

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great read..and made us laugh seeing the cake.

Cheers Nat and all at PP

Cheers Y’all in the community - thats the happy peeps and and those who need cheering up.

Ching ching

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

WOW, ALOT happened in March.  What a fab round-up 👏👏👏👏👍👍👍

BTW there was over 150 daffs in my garden, at last count 👍

Thanks for the points , much appreciated 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I know I say this every time, but boy some work goes into these summaries each month Nat 😳👍👏👏👏. Seriously, I’m impressed! And it’s good, cos day by day we forget all the stuff that’s gone on thru the month. You sum it all up fantastically 👍👏👏👏, and makes us realise just how big and fab this community forum has grown! 👏👏👏💕

Agree 💯% 👏👏👏

Aw, thank you @Bev! It’s always amazing to look back at everything that’s happened each month - we love seeing the Community so busy and chatty, and with such a variety of topics. :heart_eyes: 

You guys make the Community what it is, we just like to remind you of all the amazing things you’ve done. :wink: