Introducing your new Pure Planet Community

Introducing your new Pure Planet Community
  • Community Manager
  • 5827 replies

Welcome to your new Pure Planet Community!

We’re happy to introduce you to a shiny new home. The platform migration is now complete and we’re really excited to start this new journey together. :grinning:

If you need a hand getting around the new platform there are a few handy links here.

What’s new

This new platform fixes a lot of the issues which you guys told us about. We’ve now got improvements to uploading photos, a much better all-round mobile experience, a more intuitive text editor, upvoting in the ideas section, vastly improved search (with results appearing as you type), and a more flexible FAQs section.

It’s possible that a few little bugs will crop up here in the next few days. Let us know if you spot anything in the replies below. We’ll add any reported bugs to this post so that they’re all in one place, and we’ll update you when they’re resolved. :thumbsup:

Known bugs we’re looking into:

Some avatars aren’t loading

Some of the old links to FAQs are not re-directing to the new versions

Let us know what you think of the new community in the replies below! And feel free to ask any questions too, of course

Update Thurs 2 July at 8.25am

The avatars issues seems to have affected just a couple of Members, and it looks like they’ve just uploaded new ones, so that’s good news!

Today we’re due to complete the missing redirects, so any broken links will be sorted.

:slight_smile:

Updated Thurs 2 July at 2.25am

The FAQs redirects are done. We have fewer of them on this platform than on the old (some tidying up in migration) so a handful go to the homepage.

But, there shouldn’t be anymore broken links. :thumbsup:

28 replies

I don’t think the re-directs are working yet. Old links don’t work on the new community.

e.g.

/private.php

/activity.php

I don’t think the re-directs are working yet. Old links don’t work on the new community.

e.g.

/private.php

/activity.php

Hey @25 quid 

I’ve moved your post here, as we’ll collate feedback in one place :thumbsup:

Those two don’t work with this platform. They were ‘workarounds’ for the old platform.

Latest is here though. :grinning:

Userlevel 2

Looks good. 

Hey @25 quid 

Sorry I just realised I’d done something a bit weird in the settings which meant you couldn’t reply here.

Thanks @Gwyndy for the message alerting me! :grimacing:

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Looks good. Visually much nicer and easier to move around. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

not a bug, more of a request, is there a way to extend the default time when your post may be edited, it seems very short compared to how it was? Is it poster specific or a global setting?

Mine  appears to be way too short.

I’m prone to posting then editing afterwards as you know, I can’t think fast enough when I’m typing.

(Although help is available on the NHS for this condition)

Hey @woz 

Once you start a new conversation or post a reply, you should have 60 mins to edit (by clicking on the three dots in the bottom right hand corner of your post). :thumbsup:

Hope that sorts it?

Hello.

Not sure if it’s just me, but images posted in some answers don’t appear to be visible yet, is this something that’s slowly resolving itself?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

There is an easy way to handle this. Don’t write your response straight into the PP site. Draft it in a note app or something similar, get it right and then cut and paste.

Just reported an issue with links, although some are known issues I believe currently. Also just to say its been a while since I last contributed to the community (probably over a year!) but good to see familiar names Woz, Bev and Marc of course still here and PP thriving. Also like the look of the new PP community pages so far (web version) will check out the app as well. 

Just reported an issue with links, although some are known issues I believe currently. Also just to say its been a while since I last contributed to the community (probably over a year!) but good to see familiar names Woz, Bev and Marc of course still here and PP thriving. Also like the look of the new PP community pages so far (web version) will check out the app as well. 

Hey @Troops 

Wow long time no see! Great to see you :grinning:

Thanks for the message about the link. We’ll get that sorted.

Where have you been anyway?! Hope all is safe and well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I just managed to like my own post - honest guv, it wasn’t done deliberately, OK it was but only to see what would happen.

Don’t panic I’ve asked for the like to be removed…

Is this behaviour intentional? (not my behaviour, I’m admitting nothin’ until I’ve spoken to my lawyer)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I did it unintentionally too our Wozeeta. I didn’t remove mine tho 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Has anyone found an easy way of reading the next post in a thread. Before the change we had pinkies where if you pressed it, it took you to the next unread post, now it seems you have two options where you can either click on thread title which takes you to the first post, or click on the posted xx minutes ago which takes to to the last post, but misses any unread before that without scrolling. A bit annoying if it's a popular thread 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I really missed the pinkies yesterday our Duppy, but now I’m really really adjusting to the new “Whilst you were away” thingy on the menu. Shows you all threads which have had new posts added since you last logged out, and if you click on “3 new” for example, it takes you to the added posts. Not sure, if there were loads of new posts, say you’d been on holiday for two weeks, if it just takes you to last post or the first of the newly added posts, but it does seem to work. Think we’ll grow to love it as much as the pinkies Dups 👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Also, forgot to say Duppy, if thread has tons of replies, you can click on top right of first reply, to choose the order they appear as so….…

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I've looked for the " new" @Bev, but can't find it, using the newest first option still takes you to the last post but misses earlier unread, plus the reply box stays at bottom of page, so then have to scroll down to reply. 

It might be my phone or Android, as I am missing the users online bits, plus probably other bits I haven't found yet

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Think there is deffo more scrolling needed, until we discover otherwise yes Duppy, but after the first post, from whoever initiated the post, the first reply shows “5 new” etc, as so, but yes it does take you to the very newest post only……..

You’ll see above 25quids reply, it says 17 replies, 1 new

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It must be me, because I'm not seeing that, also in threads like A to Z and Word Association the replies don't make sense when viewed in reverse.

I suppose I might get used to it ( eventually )

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Also Marc / Nat, is there any way to go back to “Whilst I was away” without keep clicking on menu after each new thread?

I have come back on after few hours on kindle, to about 7 or 8 new posts showing in “WYWA” and that’s great as all in one place, nice and easy so far. 👍👏

BUT after viewing each new post, I have to then click on menu to view next. I can hit the back arrow of course, but that takes me to every step. Just looking for an easy link to go straight back to the list of unread posts if poss 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Bug report

@Marc 

1.Some previous uploaded images aren’t linking or at least one of mine isn’t. (LMC) I’m sure there will be others?

2.Typing prices into the search bar no longer brings up the price list as first hit

1. Multiple hits with no information as too what they refer to is useless, see screenshot
  2.  Why has this formatted automatically in such a strange way? It’s really irritating
  3. I couldn’t find the place I wanted to post this by searching with keywords, it was taking so long I gave up - feel free to move it if you think it should be somewhere else

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

bug or inconvenience...or both..

Before the migration to the new community search engine searches (google if you prefer) often succeeded where community searches failed (and I’m sorry to say still fail - see above for just one example)

Now if you search for something google finds the contents in the community (the post or content you were looking for) but the link is broken and when clicked doesn’t take you to the legacy post but to the community home. The only way of finding it is to copy and paste the text string google finds into the search box in the community and hope for the best. 

This all started when I was trying to find something I knew had been present but now seems to be there no longer, but this applies globally. 

bug or inconvenience...or both..

Before the migration to the new community search engine searches (google if you prefer) often succeeded where community searches failed (and I’m sorry to say still fail - see above for just one example)

Now if you search for something google finds the contents in the community (the post or content you were looking for) but the link is broken and when clicked doesn’t take you to the legacy post but to the community home. The only way of finding it is to copy and paste the text string google finds into the search box in the community and hope for the best. 

This all started when I was trying to find something I knew had been present but now seems to be there no longer, but this applies globally. 

When I asked before the change, @Marc had said 301 redirects were going to be added from all old pages to new. Seems it didn’t happen/work...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

thanks,

Update, some searches do work (I later discovered), so maybe that’s the answer.

Bug report

@Marc

1.Some previous uploaded images aren’t linking or at least one of mine isn’t. (LMC) I’m sure there will be others?

Hey @woz 

Our tech guys did a brill job of getting the photos across - and all the emojis! - from the old platform to the new. But I was mostly aware of our photo challenge posts need to be prioritised.

If you spot one of your pics that hasn’t made it across can you send me a link via message? We can still access the old platform/archive for about another week, so it’s easily findable. :thumbsup: