From April 2020 remember that monthly Pure Planet payments will be lower

• 20 March 2020
  • 9 replies

• Community Manager
  • 7636 replies
Hi all

A friendly reminder from the community team that from April your next six Direct Debit payments will be slightly lower, as we move into the warmer months.

The monthly payments are slightly lower in the warmer months (April to September) and slightly higher in the cooler months (October to March).

This is done to take into account different usage patterns throughout the year.

You can find your payment schedule in your Welcome Pack and in your app or web account. Go to the Balance & payments section in the menu.

👍

You may also like: Pure Planet to prices for electricity and gas by 1 May

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Yip Yip 🎉🎊🎉🎊
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
As the payments are decreasing, take the opportunity to add to your savings or put some away for occasional treats etc with the difference, after all we are used to paying out the higher amount, so most people will not notice. I'm going to get more premium bonds.
Duppy;50505:
As the payments are decreasing, take the opportunity to add to your savings or put some away for occasional treats etc with the difference

As I've stated elsewhere, It's taken me almost a year to get my balance almost up to the point where there's one month's winter payment credit at the start of the month. All I'm likely to be doing is watching my balance drop back down over the spring/summer - so my 'saving'will have to be kept to one side.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Gwyndy;50582:
so my 'saving'will have to be kept to one side.

That's one reason I suggested premium bonds,. It's put away but easily accessible, and always a small chance ​​​​​​​ of winning a prize
Only getting back what we paid anyway, good job the interest rates are really poor!
Do we have to have these lower summer payments? My usage is higher in the summer as I run a swimming pool? Would prefer to have the same all year
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Peteio
I'm afraid so but there is nothing stopping you requesting a higher DD April to Sept, but that will automatically raise your Oct-March payments, which you would then have to adjust after you paid September.
The system PP use does work well for the majority, but remember the difference isn't as big as you may at first think
because if your annual was £2100, you'd pay

£175 a month if 12 equal payments
or with PP
£140 per month Warmer months
£210 per month Cooler months

So although the difference at first looks like it's £70 a month it's really half that, £35 more winter, £35 less Summer.

Does having a pool mean you don't use more energy in the colder months?

Peteio;51452:
Do we have to have these lower summer payments? My usage is higher in the summer as I run a swimming pool? Would prefer to have the same all year
How much can you go into debit? My payments usually work out okay but of course I’m now at home all day, so not shower in the gym, cook on gas every day. So I don’t think my summer payment will be sufficient to cover my actual use. Is there a way to “top up” the account? Or do I have to wait for the next pay review and put the money aside elsewhere to pay it off in one go?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Maexchen;51565:
How much can you go into debit? My payments usually work out okay but of course I’m now at home all day, so not shower in the gym, cook on gas every day. So I don’t think my summer payment will be sufficient to cover my actual use. Is there a way to “top up” the account? Or do I have to wait for the next pay review and put the money aside elsewhere to pay it off in one go?

Hi there

I wouldn't worry too much! Keep sending your readings in each month, keep an eye on your balance, and if you go into debt, especially if you are using more than is covered by your monthly payment in May and June, for example, if Pure Planet haven't done a review by then you can simply initiate one yourself via Wattbot.

Hope that helps
​​​​​​​Stephen