Date of move to new Pure Planet Community confirmed

• Community Manager
  • 6147 replies
Hi everyone

We have a date confirmed for our move to a new Pure Planet Community platform. πŸ‘

The aim is for the new community to be unveiled in the morning of Wednesday, 24th June.

There’s going to be a few steps we need to take to get us there. Here’s the plan:

By late afternoon on Monday, 22nd June this current community will be placed in β€˜read-only’ mode.

That means nobody will be able to register, login, post anything, or send any private messages. We’ll be using this time to migrate all the posts, threads, pictures, polls, points, likes, etc to the new platform.

The community will be live and accessible throughout so anyone can still read all the FAQs and all the posts.

We’re aiming to have all the data moved across and everything live on the new platform by the early hours of Wednesday, 24th June. It may be sooner.

The new platform will bring improvements to uploading photos, better all-round mobile experience, a more intuitive text editor, upvoting in the ideas section, a community blog, improved search (with results appearing as you type), and a more flexible FAQs section. It also gives easier access to style sheets and HTML, so we can change the look and feel faster.

That’s it for now. If there’s any change to the plan between now and next week, we will of course update the community straight away. πŸ˜€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

Updated Mon 22 June
Alas some annoying news that the community migration has been pushed back a week, due to a couple of tech issues which have cropped up today.
Frustrating, but it's only a week.
This means the community will go into read-only mode on the afternoon of Mon 29th June, with the shiny new community being unveiled in the early hours of Wednesday, 1 July.

10 replies

Great stuff @Marc!

Any news on if there’s going to be a latest activity area to catchup on stuff since each of our previous visits? I know at least @Scubaseahorse and I would miss that...
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yippeee that will give me something to do while wondering the streets of swindon waiting for the car to be serviced and mot'd. I just hope that A. i can get coffee and B . It aint raining.
25 quid;56472:
Great stuff @Marc!

Any news on if there’s going to be a latest activity area to catchup on stuff since each of our previous visits? I know at least @Scubaseahorse and I would miss that...

Hey @25 quid
Well remembered!
Yes, there's a lot more stuff on this, which when we did the demo/chat over Zoom the other day, we didn't know about.
It's tricky to explain without being able to point a cursor, but in settings you can enable a way to show new posts/replies.

There's also way to see all activity since you were last logged in, for up to 30 days.. This is in the menu.

Jon1;56483:
Yippeee that will give me something to do while wondering the streets of swindon waiting for the car to be serviced and mot'd. I just hope that A. i can get coffee and B . It aint raining.

Sounds like a plan @Jon1 πŸ˜€
​​​​​​​I reckon you'll need coffee to survive Swindon?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Haha marc. In the old days of last year they would either collect or give me a loaner for the day, but alass those things are no more.
welcome to the new world.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for that @Marc

​​​​​​​@25 quid and I will be happy that is included πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Good morning all!
Alas some annoying news that the community migration has been pushed back a week, due to a couple of tech issues which have cropped up today.
Frustrating, but it's only a week.
This means the community will go into read-only mode on the afternoon of Mon 29th June, with the shiny new community being unveiled in the early hours of Wednesday, 1 July.
I'll update the main post, above πŸ‘†, too.
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marc;56656:
4388​​​​​​​

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I stayed away all day Marc, thinking nothing be happening, and best to let you get on. Oh well, only a week, can’t be helped πŸ‘