Announcing Members’ rate increase to variable tariff for electricity

• 7 October 2020
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You can still cancel the switch via the app, if you're not happy bout the price increase.

Wouldn’t you think they’d of at least told you before all the messing around 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you joined from 7th October then yes prices have increased as advertised.

If you joined before the variable rate is guaranteed for 2 months as advertised. Providing time!

If you joined on fix then its just that. Check all you joining information and welcome pack…..

I get your frustration but not subject matter.

https://blog.purepla.net/wholesale-price-review-update-were-changing-our-prices-91cc1bbe0c71

Lots of energy companies have gone out of business including Tonik recently. 

PP keep their members up to speed and to air their views via this fine community.

If you cancel switch then all the best and hope all works out well.

Maybe some of the what I’ve said is not up to speed, if so another member etc will nicely correct me.

Sorry nuff said.

I have only just switched from bulb and I have already received an e-mail to tell me my unit rate is going up. I wish to cancel this as I am not happy with that.and I would not have switched had I known that.

please contact me asap

Paula Bell

Dearest @19queensmead 

Unfortunately you have just suffered the downside of ‘variable’ contracts, they can go up, as well as down, and it appears you’ve joined at the time when Pure Planet have increased their prices for the first time in almost 2 years.
The only information I can find on the price increase is here:
https://community.purepla.net/latest-news-11/announcing-members-rate-increase-to-variable-tariff-for-electricity-11224

Bulb, for comparison, have raised their prices twice this year alone, by an average of £22 per year in March 2020, and by an average of £53 per year from October 2020.

If you are unhappy about Pure Planet’s timing, and are still within your ‘cooling-off’ period (the first 14 days after initiating the switch) there should be a ‘cancel’ option either within the App, or on the PurePla.net website when you are logged in.

If however, you have passed the ‘cooling-off’ period, then the easiest thing for you to do is wait about 10 days after your switch has completed, and just ‘switch away’ to someone cheaper - assuming there is someone cheaper.

The Community has no access to account information, and cannot assist you with this.

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy

Hey @ST3H1883RT and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Just to let you know, I’ve moved your post to our thread all about the variable price change, explaining why we’re changing our prices. 

If you joined from 7th October then yes prices have increased as advertised.

If you joined before the variable rate is guaranteed for 2 months as advertised. Providing time!

If you joined on fix then its just that. Check all you joining information and welcome pack…..

@Strutt G has given some great advice here - if you’ve joined on our variable tariff, we protect your prices for your first 2 months, as we understand it’s frustrating for your prices to increase just after you’ve switched. 

Hope that helps!:thumbsup:

Hey @19queensmead 

Just to let you know, I’ve merged your post into our thread all about our variable tariff rate change, including the reasons why we’re increasing electricity unit rates. I hope it’s useful :slight_smile:

Don’t worry - if you joined on our variable tariff, we ‘protect’ your unit rates for your first two months :thumbsup: We do also offer a 100% Green 12 month Fixed tariff if you’d prefer the security - in your account head to ‘tariff and usage’ > ‘change tariff’ if you’d like to look into that option!