All Members now have choice of Pure Planet tariffs

• Community Manager
  • 6192 replies

Hi everyone

The new 100% Green Fixed tariff which we announced last week is now open for all Pure Planet Members.

This means from today anyone on our variable tariff can switch, if you want to.

We’ll be sending out an email to everyone next week, too.

Of course you don’t have to switch. Many members have told us they would like to see us offer a fixed tariff, but we know it’s not for everyone.

If you want to check it out, go to the Tariff & Usage section in your Pure Planet app or web account, tap on ‘Change tariff’ and we’ll guide you through the steps. You’ll need to update your app to version 8.7.1 which has just been released, and remember that it won’t appear in Apple’s App Store straight away for everyone.

How much does the fixed tariff cost?

Why do different regions of the UK have different rates?
The difference in the cost across each geographical region is down to the cost of transporting gas and electricity to your home.
The costs are determined and applied by your Distribution Network Operator (DNO) and we pass these on at cost.
We don’t make money on the transport costs of getting energy to your home.

Does the Pure Planet 100% Green Fixed tariff have exit fees?
Yes. The exit fee is £30 per fuel. A fixed tariff gives our Members peace of mind, but it also means we’ll need to make sure we cover our costs. As with all fixed tariffs, exit fees don’t apply in the last 49 days. We’ve added an extra day, so there are no exit fees in the last 50 days.

Are there plans for more tariffs?
As from now we’ve got a variable tariff and a fixed tariff.
In January 2021 we’ll start offering a smart export guarantee tariff for people who generate electricity at their home (from solar panels, for example) and want to sell it back to the grid.
We’re also running an electric vehicles pilot and we may, as a result of that, offer EV drivers a different tariff, too.

That’s it for now. There’s more detail about the new tariff in our community post from last week, and on the Pure Planet blog.

48 replies

I just want to remind everyone that if you do want to change to the fixed tariff today, it's probably best to do this in your web account.
Due to the way that Apple rolls out app updates, it's likely that lots of us won't see the latest version (8.7.1) for a few hours.
It's not showing for me yet, but my web account has already updated 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Got the email, so hoped to go into Tariff via app to compare (altho already know the figures as calculated it manually) but just keep getting this .......

Thanks @Bev
We're restarting a server to speed things up!
We'll update members over in our service updates section 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Thanks Marc 👍, I finally got into the Tariffs, but then lost me ruddy Community moon 😂😂😂😂. Finally back to normal, phew 👍👏

Bev;55158:
Thanks Marc 👍, I finally got into the Tariffs, but then lost me ruddy Community moon 😂😂😂😂. Finally back to normal, phew 👍👏

Yes, well spotted @Bev The community moon isn't showing for peopel who are changing tariffs.
It's a bug but the tech guys are aware and they'll sort it.
Sorry, I did mean to post about that. 😀
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Me too @Bev - does it come back?????
​​​​​​​
Bev;55158:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
It’s back now Scuba, although I didn’t change my tariff, I remain on the variable.

I logged into my parents account, to change theirs to a fixed as much bugger saving for them.

When I came to log back into my own account, that’s when the moon had vanished. Few hours later, it was all fine, our Scuba 👍👍👍👍
😅😃😁🤣
Bev;55181:
...as much bugger saving for them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
OMG 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀, missed that typo! OMG 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I looked at the new tariff yesterday on my iPad.

Both my phone and iPad apps now have no community moon, logging out and logging back in again does not solve it, I can now only log into the community on my PC.

Rhubarb.
Gwyndy;55211:

Both my phone and iPad apps now have no community moon, logging out and logging back in again does not solve it, I can now only log into the community on my PC.

Rhubarb.

Was that just from looking @Gwyndy ?
Hi Mark would prefer to find this out from Pure Planet with an official announcement before reading it on an email from moneysupermarket and martin lewis calling this the best new deal on the market !
Marc;55212:

Gwyndy;55211:

Rhubarb.
Was that just from looking @Gwyndy ?

Hi Marc.

I was offered 'want to change your tariff' on the app home screen, I clicked 'view details' - but having seen the screen that stated 'your current yearly estimate is...'; 'your fixed price estimate is....' (or whatever it said to that effect) I proceeded no further.

Regards
Mark
Gwyndy;55217:
Hi Marc.

I was offered 'want to change your tariff' on the app home screen, I clicked 'view details' - but having seen the screen that stated 'your current yearly estimate is...'; 'your fixed price estimate is....' (or whatever it said to that effect) I proceeded no further.

Regards
Mark

Thanks @Gwyndy
Yep, what happens is basically your quote is saved for a few hours. There's a bug which means during the time that your quote is either saved or actually progressing into a switch to the fixed tariff - the community moon isn't showing.
The tech team are planning a release soon to clean up a few bugs, inc this one 👍
mikehealey;55216:
Hi Mark would prefer to find this out from Pure Planet with an official announcement before reading it on an email from moneysupermarket and martin lewis calling this the best new deal on the market !

Hey @mikehealey
We have posted a couple of times on the Pure Planet blog 🙂👍
There's also an email going to all existing Members that we have this fixed tariff now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aggghhhh - still no Community Moon ‼️⁉️‼️⁉️‼️⁉️🙈🙈🙈
Scubaseahorse;55268:
Aggghhhh - still no Community Moon ‼️⁉️‼️⁉️‼️⁉️🙈🙈🙈

I know I know @Scubaseahorse
It is very annoying.
Tech team tell me the fix is in, and it's going to be part of a small app release to squish a few bugs in one go.
For now you can go to Menu > Help and support > there you'll see a link to the community feedback section and also to the FAQs.
My community moon's finally reappeared after over 24 hours, maybe the 'few' hours are 24?

Oh, on a personal note, as I've decided not to go 'fixed' perhaps everyone else should - I have a terrible track record for this kind of stuff this year, I ordered heating oil at the start of April (lowest it had been for 3 years), during the next two weeks the price halved.
Good morning! Just jumping in to say that my community moon is back.😀
Think it's because my switch to fixed is now complete.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Gwyndy;55309:
My community moon's finally reappeared after over 24 hours, maybe the 'few' hours are 24?

Oh, on a personal note, as I've decided not to go 'fixed' perhaps everyone else should - I have a terrible track record for this kind of stuff this year, I ordered heating oil at the start of April (lowest it had been for 3 years), during the next two weeks the price halved.

Perhaps someone above knows more than us....its a mystery...I'm singing it and can't stand it...

Good morning Y'all by the way and by the by
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marc;55911:
Good morning! Just jumping in to say that my community moon is back.😀
Think it's because my switch to fixed is now complete.

Ah that's interesting, I'll let you know when my Community moon is back and have left the 'lost mooners club'
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I regret to inform you that once a member of the Lost Mooner Club (or L.M.C.) it is not possible to leave even if you find your moon.
(It's a bit like Hotel California)
Here's the badge

Scubaseahorse;55915:
Ah that's interesting, I'll let you know when my Community moon is back and have left the 'lost mooners club'
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
woz;55970:
I regret to inform you that once a member of the Lost Mooner Club (or L.M.C.) it is not possible to leave even if you find your moon.
Here's the badge

Hey @woz, thanks I love it. I'm a Lost Mooner forever now 👍😂👍😏👍😂👍😏

woz;55970:
Here's the badge

Hahaha that is amazing @woz
May be a lifetime memver of the Lost Mooner Club?
Needs some kind of handshake, and an after hours venue, a place with a big library and billiard tables?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes @Marc, that sounds good 🙂🙂🙂