Solved

Wrongly told that I'm switching away

• 24 November 2020
  • 24 replies

I've been receiving emails from pure planet saying that I've requested a switch away, which I never have! I've replied to EVERY ONE saying I'm not switching away, yet I've received an email today saying its been finalised and I'm getting charged a £60 fee! I need this resolving 

icon

Best answer by Nataly 25 November 2020, 10:46

Hi @Ctw 84 

I flagged this with our Member Services team - they’ve let me know they successfully objected to your supplies switching on 6 Nov.

Unfortunately it looks like the switch was requested again, and the team weren’t notified in time to block that switch from happening - they received your info yesterday and replied by email on the same day to let you know. 

This sounds like what’s known as an ‘erroneous transfer’, which can happen in the example @David j provided above. Don’t worry - our Member Services team will work on getting your supplies back, since they’ve been switched in error. There’s more info about erroneous transfers in our FAQs which I think will help, too. 

Just look out for an email from them today to let you know the next steps :thumbsup:

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Ctw 84 

You should use help&support>ask a question (wattbot) when logged in in app or online.

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/erroneous-transfers-what-are-they-10306

type the words 'I'm not leaving'. wattBot will collect some info from you and pass it on to the Member services team.

Do it sooner rather than later before your account becomes “inactive”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I agree with the above reply, this happened to me with a different energy company several years ago. It was caused by a post code error initiated by my neighbour. This can be stopped but I suggest you dig a little deeper to find the cause. 
Regards 

hi @Ctw 84 

You should use help&support>ask a question (wattbot) when logged in in app or online.

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/erroneous-transfers-what-are-they-10306

type the words 'I'm not leaving'. wattBot will collect some info from you and pass it on to the Member services team.

Do it sooner rather than later before your account becomes “inactive”.

I've done this 3 times now, it's not worked

Hi @Ctw 84 

I flagged this with our Member Services team - they’ve let me know they successfully objected to your supplies switching on 6 Nov.

Unfortunately it looks like the switch was requested again, and the team weren’t notified in time to block that switch from happening - they received your info yesterday and replied by email on the same day to let you know. 

This sounds like what’s known as an ‘erroneous transfer’, which can happen in the example @David j provided above. Don’t worry - our Member Services team will work on getting your supplies back, since they’ve been switched in error. There’s more info about erroneous transfers in our FAQs which I think will help, too. 

Just look out for an email from them today to let you know the next steps :thumbsup:

I don’t even want to join as the support is rubbish. I cannot believe I ever wanted to join. There is no live chat anywhere. I am trying to connect someone live to ask and there is nobody to contact, and have been waiting for over 6 hours for someone to answer. 

They take their time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I don’t even want to join as the support is rubbish. I cannot believe I ever wanted to join. There is no live chat anywhere. I am trying to connect someone live to ask and there is nobody to contact, and have been waiting for over 6 hours for someone to answer. 

They take their time.

As far as I know (I could be wrong) PP do not have a chat facility. May  I ask what platform are you waiting for a reply on? Also they don’t work weekends, so if you used help and support in app, and your question was passed to the team (important because bot replies are instant but if your question was not passed to the team you won’t get a human reply) turnaround is up to 3 working days (other companies are longer, and I know because I just contacted one)

However help in the community is very quick usually so can we help?

also

https://community.purepla.net/joining-and-switching-13/i-m-switching-to-pure-planet-do-i-need-to-tell-my-old-energy-supplier-11057?postid=68905#post68905

Rather than randomly posting to threads where you aren’t actually asking a question just so that you can make disparaging comments (which may or may not be justified I don’t know) because you’re frustrated that there is no live chat, how about asking a question and we’ll point you in the right direction if we don’t know the answer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

do not switch to Pure Planet, support is non existent here!

I am still waiting for them to answer and they have no live chat at all. 

I just want to cancel my transfer to them because of their rubbish support. 

Good Luck!

hi @Bogdan I 

You’ve replied out of frustration I suspect, to an old post. You can cancel by logging in, are you able to log in?

Is there something the community can help you with.

PP don’t have a live chat facility, no one ever claimed they did so you have an expectation of something that never existed, but if you want answers there is the community and wattbot in app and facebook and email and twitter.

What’s the question? I’ve replied to your other post also. I don’t work for PP

Rather than randomly posting to threads where you aren’t actually asking a question just so that you can make disparaging comments (which may or may not be justified I don’t know) because you’re frustrated that there is no live chat, how about asking a question and we’ll point you in the right direction if we don’t know the answer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

As the Meerkats would say “simples” ✔️✔️

there is no company that requires you to wait 3 days for an answer especially one in energy. 

All this support is rubbish. And no support on weekends? What if something happens? 

Is your phone company unreachable? What about your bank? Water? Internet? Are you kidding me? Or you just live on another planet?

Very bad support. Not confirming, not asking, doing things on their own. I can see bad reviews start showing up for increasing rates without confirming. 

And yes they did pick up my chat but they take forever to reply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Bogdan, I agree that a totally digital approach to energy is not for everyone, however, we all knew what we were signing up to at the start. I struggled at the start with this format but Community members helped and guided me through my issues and now I can safely say I probably would not go back to a call center operation. I am now so happy & confident with the digital approach that I have gone down the same route with my bank and, it works for me. If you look through Pure Planet’s FAQ you will see that issues like emergencies etc are all comprehensively covered. So, if you stay or not, I hope you find a company that suits your needs. 
Regards 

While I agree with you David, how can you deal with incompetent support if it takes 48 hours to respond to a query? 

I asked how can I cancel the switch and they went ahead and did it, without giving me a way to do it myself and a timeframe to find another supplier I would like to move.

Incompetent staff, rubbish service that takes 48 hours to reply, I mean this is not a good supplier and it will start losing customers left and right as I see from their reviews as well. It happened to another company (Bulb) that started out great and then went the other way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bogdan I 

Was your request about cancellation because you were unhappy about not getting an instant reply?

PP cancelled you because they thought you wanted to cancel but couldn’t figure out how to. That’s unfortunate, I agree they (perhaps?) should have read your question more carefully, but the other side is they didn’t want to unpick this after the cooling off period had expired because you’d then have to switch again (in 2 weeks) which wouldn’t be a great experience for you.

There is an emergency link for support at the weekends or any other time if it’s an emergency. As there is with electricity supply, gas leaks, internet outage, but if there is a billing or joining query nothing bad is going to happen. (That’s the planet I live on)

You’re incorrect about the 48 hours, I’ve dealt with 2 other energy co’s recently by email, replies took way longer than 48 hours with both. My email to a bank took 48 hours for a reply, I’m not fussed as I don’t expect instant replies by email.

A billing or joining query isn’t usually an emergency,  cancellation is possible by logging in, which is easily ascertainable both in the community and by logging in.

If you’d have asked a direct question rather than complaining randomly in the community help would (and still will be) forthcoming, and if the helpful community don’t know we can point you in a direction to get help (although it may take a little longer), or one of the admin @Marc or @Nataly would intervene although they are community admin and don’t have direct access to your account.

As far as finding another supplier, you simply need to instigate a switch and in circa 17 days your switch will be complete, in the meantime you’ll stay with your present supplier.

Perhaps PP’s digital model isn’t for you, but despite all that I’ve written, I actually think you’d be quite happy with PP now that you know there is no call centre and there is great support in the community, but if your expectations are otherwise you won’t be happy. 

Hey @Bogdan I 

I checked this out with our Member Services team - they’ve let me Ruth from the team replied to your email yesterday (30 Nov) to let you know why they cancelled your switch and explained that means you’re still with your current supplier. 

They’ve also spotted your replies, so just look out for a further email from the team today to get this sorted for you. 

That is not true. You seem to be incompetent and without a phone number to clear an issue you created a lot of headaches. I was charged £123 today for no reason at all and I contacted the bank to revert the charge as it was wrong!

I have it in writing I will not be charged. Also contacted my old supplier today and they said that I switched! 

If you refunded me without checking the status on the account, again it is your own incompetence. 

And a billing issue is an emergency especially when you charge me for no reason! 

Anyway I will be contacting the ombudsman as the complaint it is not solved except created more issues: 

You create debt for me if you refund after I got a charge reverted because you took my money for no reason

I am not a customer of my old.energy supplier or your customer because of your incompetence

Rubbish customer service as always.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

After much consideration and having learned lessons previously I’ve decided not to reply to this thread.

(but I was tempted...)

RTFM

Hi @Bogdan I 

Members’ first payments are taken on the day they come on supply with Pure Planet, and Direct Debit payments are requested a few days before they’re due to be collected. Unfortunately this means that, sometimes, a last-minute/ late cancellation - for example, cancelling on day 14 of the 14 day cooling-off period, can mean the first payment is still collected, as it’s too late to cancel the already-requested Direct Debit (I hope that makes sense!). 

I’m glad to hear you were able to revert this with your bank :thumbsup: 

Our Member Services team will be happy to continue discussing this with you by email, to reach a resolution that works for you. 

After much consideration and having learned lessons previously I’ve decided not to reply to this thread.

(but I was tempted...)

RTFM

Well because you are ok with bad service and 48 hours to get a reply. I am not ok with incompetence and I do not have the patience to deal with rubbish customer service.

An email to a bank may take 48 hours to reply but you get live chat or you can speak to a live person over the phone in minutes

I don't have time to wait 48h for someone to take notice they had taken money from my account. 

Most of us don't have time to wait around for a conversation 48h. It is half the time almost to get a parcel from China. 

Maybe it was ok 20 years ago, but not today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The last parcel I ordered from China took over 4 weeks...velly slow derrivery….

The last parcel I ordered from China took over 4 weeks...velly slow derrivery….

I would call that fast by your expectations

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bogdan I 

It’s interesting from a human perspective that although I don’t work for Pure Planet, and that I and others did try to help you, you still feel it necessary (in your complaints mode) to make personal comments and assumptions  about my expectations and acceptance of “bad service”, even though you have no evidence or basis for the comments (and none of which are true I assure you).

“Well because you are ok with bad service and 48 hours to get a reply. I am not ok with incompetence”

“I would call that fast by your expectations”

I just need to correct your perception with some facts. While I’ve been with the community I would say that I’m fairly near the top of the hit list for making (sometimes very) critical suggestions and comments about how and why PP need to change certain things; and change  has happened over a period of time because of my input and that of others. It’s an ongoing process.

If you’d bother to have read anything at all about the company and the process  before switching and complaining you’d most likely have been happy and settled with a working energy account. I don’t think your impatience has served you well in this instance, but that said it’s entirely your prerogative to be intolerant of what you perceive as poor service.

Fortunately I don’t mind deprecation, (but I’m not too hot on incorrect assumptions). 

@Bogdan I

It’s interesting from a human perspective that although I don’t work for Pure Planet, and that I and others did try to help you, you still feel it necessary (in your complaints mode) to make personal comments and assumptions  about my expectations and acceptance of “bad service”, even though you have no evidence or basis for the comments (and none of which are true I assure you).

“Well because you are ok with bad service and 48 hours to get a reply. I am not ok with incompetence”

“I would call that fast by your expectations”

I just need to correct your perception with some facts. While I’ve been with the community I would say that I’m fairly near the top of the hit list for making (sometimes very) critical suggestions and comments about how and why PP need to change certain things; and change  has happened over a period of time because of my input and that of others. It’s an ongoing process.

If you’d bother to have read anything at all about the company and the process  before switching and complaining you’d most likely have been happy and settled with a working energy account. I don’t think your impatience has served you well in this instance, but that said it’s entirely your prerogative to be intolerant of what you perceive as poor service.

Fortunately I don’t mind deprecation, (but I’m not too hot on incorrect assumptions). 

No, they should make it clear in their presentation “HERE  at PurePlanet we have bad service":

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@woz , I'm afraid your onto a loser here, Bogdan 1 had made up his mind to be dissatisfied and nothing you say is going to change it. We the longer established members of PP know different and that's all that counts

It's a pity we don't have a thumbs down button

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@woz , I'm afraid your onto a loser here, Bogdan 1 had made up his mind to be dissatisfied and nothing you say is going to change it. We the longer established members of PP know different and that's all that counts

I agree Duppy, we’ve tried our best to assist someone experiencing difficulties in some aspect of the system. However, to make progress the person experiencing issues has to have an open mind and a positive attitude to solutions offered. At the end of the day, a digital approach is not to everyone’s liking and we all need to move on. Regarding the thumbs down 👎, I think the Pure Planet community are way to positive to adopt that. 
Onward & Upward 👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Duppy 

Yes I knew that but I couldn’t leave it when the comments became personal - I thought long and hard before writing that, then made the wrong decision…

Per ardua ad astra….:robot: