Question

Wrong numbers entered on gas meter reading

• 17 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am moving over to Pure Planet from Bulb and think I entered the numbers wrong for the gas meter reading.  I put in the last 4 numbers, but wasn’t sure if it was meant to be the last 4 numbers or the first 4.  If I enetered it wrong I think it is going to generate a massive bill and am concerned about this.

Hannah

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

I presume you have not switched yet.

Do you mean you have submitted your initial readings to PP?, as they normally ask for photos too.

You can send a message directly to PP with photos of your meters by doing this:

if you go to the app and click on the
☰ menu at the top, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, 

Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

It will then offer you a few options of faq, if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',

Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team. Anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.'

You can then type in your message (and any photos), then send it

Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @stuart15 

was it the 4 numbers before the decimal you entered and was the 5th number to the left of the decimal a zero and did you read the actual meter not the in-home-display? (if it’s a smart meter)

you’d enter 12345,

you’d enter either 01234 or 1234

if it was as above you’re OK

If not use wattbot as described

Hi @stuart15 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.

If you’ve sent the wrong reading, our digital assistant WattBot can actually take the correct ones from you.

Go to Menu > Get help and support > Tap on WattBot > Type “I sent the wrong reading” and Watt will ask you to confirm the correct ones. 

Also, make sure you’re already logged in to your PP app!

Here’s a guide all about it. :slight_smile: