Solved

Wrong Meter Reading Submitted

• 5 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, I am a new customer with GAS/ELECTRIC. The gas reading I entered when opening the account is wrong. Subsequently this has been transferred to my old supplier (Bulb) and there final bill is enormous.

Im pretty sure the GAS numbers I entered where correct. Do i speak to Bulb about this or Pure Planet?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 5 November 2020, 11:26

Hi, I am a new customer with GAS/ELECTRIC. The gas reading I entered when opening the account is wrong. Subsequently this has been transferred to my old supplier (Bulb) and there final bill is enormous.

Im pretty sure the GAS numbers I entered where correct. Do i speak to Bulb about this or Pure Planet?

Cheers

Hi @4LITTLEB’s 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community.

You could speak to Bulb, however, Pure Planet should be using the same readings, as they are provided via a ‘third-party validator’ - I would think if the reading is massively out, the best thing you can do is:

Three Bars top right of App, or when Logged in on purepla.net

Select:
Help and support

Then:
Ask a question

And when WattBot opens - type in ‘opening reading dispute’ or something similar.

WattBot will either be able to help you, or allow you to leave a message for Member Services.

The relevant information is within the Joining and Switching FAQ, in this thread.

Did you take photos of your opening meter readings? That will help Pure Planet prove that your ‘validated’ readings are incorrect.

Kindest regards

Gwyndy 

View original

4 replies

Cheers

Hi @4LITTLEB’s 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community.

You could speak to Bulb, however, Pure Planet should be using the same readings, as they are provided via a ‘third-party validator’ - I would think if the reading is massively out, the best thing you can do is:

Three Bars top right of App, or when Logged in on purepla.net

Select:
Help and support

Then:
Ask a question

And when WattBot opens - type in ‘opening reading dispute’ or something similar.

WattBot will either be able to help you, or allow you to leave a message for Member Services.

The relevant information is within the Joining and Switching FAQ, in this thread.

Did you take photos of your opening meter readings? That will help Pure Planet prove that your ‘validated’ readings are incorrect.

Kindest regards

Gwyndy 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@4LITTLEB’s 

The gas readings (both g and e) are validated by a 3rd party independently,  I would send in a photo of your meter showing the actual reading now as that may help prove the point.

Are you saying that they have used a number massively different from what it really was?

Can you tell us what the actual numbers are for both PP and Bulb and what the reading is now? it may help shed some light on this.

Hi, when I switched to PP they prompt you through the app to upload images of the readings. That was done successfully. The electric reading was spot on but for some reason they got the gas reading completely wrong. I still have images of the original reading and also images of the readings from last night. As a new customer I'm instantly having reservations…. did I do the right thing in switching!

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @4LITTLEB’s 

I'm sure your judgement about your switch will depend on how easy it is to get this sorted. I joined over two years ago and it's great, but I haven't had a single problem to sort out.

Have you tried contacting Pure Planet via Wattbot? If you start by putting message the team into the question box you should be able to explain the situation and get a reply within three working days.

Stephen