Solved

wrong meter reading sent to my old supplier

• 19 October 2020
  • 13 replies

switched to Pure Planet on 18th September 202. I opened the account with new gas and electricity metre readings. 

My old provider- EDF generated my closing bill apparently based on the metre readings which I provided to Pure Planet. However the metre reading which Pure Planet seems to have provided EDF is incorrect. Resulting in my final British Gas bill being an over estimate. 

EDF will not amend the final metre reading unless Pure Planet notify them. HOWEVER Pure Planet have not responded to my questions and the app is hard to use. No one is helping from Pure Planet resulting in me being out of pocket. 

The customer service received to date by Pure Planet has been non-existent. PURE PLANET- PLEASE HELP ME.

icon

Best answer by Nataly 21 October 2020, 12:36

Hey @zezeheaven 

When you switch your readings go through a verification process with an independent third party. It sounds like in this case, estimated readings may have been returned to use instead of your own readings. 

Don’t worry - we can get this sorted for you :) 

There’s more info on the reading verification process here - since the difference in readings is significant, @Angelabikerbabe and @woz’s suggestion to get in touch with the team in this case is best, so they can raise what’s known as a ‘reading dispute’ to get your opening readings sorted. Send the team photos of your opening readings, if you have them, and your current readings too :thumbsup:

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

When you say you have contacted PP....have you done so via the app>message the team?

You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.

if you go to the app and click on the
☰ menu at the top, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, 

Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

It will then offer you a few options of faq, if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',

Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team. Anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.'

You can then type in your message (and any photos), then send it

Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

switched to Pure Planet on 18th September 202. I opened the account with new gas and electricity metre readings. 

My old provider- EDF generated my closing bill apparently based on the metre readings which I provided to Pure Planet. However the metre reading which Pure Planet seems to have provided EDF is incorrect. Resulting in my final British Gas bill being an over estimate. 

EDF will not amend the final metre reading unless Pure Planet notify them. HOWEVER Pure Planet have not responded to my questions and the app is hard to use. No one is helping from Pure Planet resulting in me being out of pocket. 

The customer service received to date by Pure Planet has been non-existent. PURE PLANET- PLEASE HELP ME.

@zezeheaven 

Except for the fact that you may not be out of pocket or even if you are it may be tiny (or in some cases in your favour depending on the rates (is my guess).

The reason is the readings are agreed and verified by a 3rd party, and where the old supplier finishes the new supplier starts, so you can’t be charged twice for the same energy. The difference will be only the difference in unit rates between the two times the number of units, which incidentally are subject to a tolerance below which you can’t dispute.

How many units difference are there?

Hi @zezeheaven 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.

The reply from @woz sounds like it’s hit the nail on head. Opening meter readings are sent to a 3rd party to be verified. If they return estimates then both suppliers use them.

Check out this guide which explains why estimates are sometimes used and what that means.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

hi the bill says I've used 2200 kw of gas in 10 days 

also the opening meter reading that pure planted has and the one I gave them a month later says that I used 22,000 kw of electric in a month could a member of the team please call me so discuss this 

just to make the numbers easier to under stand 

my final bill number from EDF 

electric 

28th August- 63822 (correct) 

17th September- 63853 

gas 

28th August - 14008 (correct) 

17th September - 14198 (incorrect) 

opening reading with pure planted and actual reading 1 month later 

electric 

18th September- 42267 (incorrect) 

18th October- 64285 (correct)

gas 

18th September 14198 (incorrect) 

18th October 14098 ( correct) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Not much point in doing the calculations as these figures don’t make sense (yet), so something is wrong and you will need to use wattbot (help and support)

If I’ve understood this correctly edf was as follows:

END electric reading that they charged you for was 17th September- 63853 

END  gas reading that they charged you for was 17th September- 14198

So PP should have started with these figures, are you saying that PP have billed you from:

Electric 42267

Gas 14198

Can you go back to your opening statement from PP and re-check that they have actually charged you from 42267?

Forget any subsequent readings, they don’t matter (yet)  I’m wondering if you’ll get an updated corrected bill anyway

Can you double check both ends first, (this is unusual), go to help and support>ask a question and point them at this thread which will save you much typing.

https://community.purepla.net/joining-and-switching-13/wrong-meter-reading-sent-to-my-old-supplier-11369?postid=65761#post65761

Work your way through bot replies until it says your message has been sent. Replies take up to 3 days.

this is what it says on my pure planet app

and this is my edf closing bill

Hey @zezeheaven 

When you switch your readings go through a verification process with an independent third party. It sounds like in this case, estimated readings may have been returned to use instead of your own readings. 

Don’t worry - we can get this sorted for you :) 

There’s more info on the reading verification process here - since the difference in readings is significant, @Angelabikerbabe and @woz’s suggestion to get in touch with the team in this case is best, so they can raise what’s known as a ‘reading dispute’ to get your opening readings sorted. Send the team photos of your opening readings, if you have them, and your current readings too :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@zezeheaven 

This is strange because even if the opening reading is wrong it should still match, I’m wondering if this a app glitch. That said yes it’s obviously wrong so well spotted!

Let the team sort it, I presume you haven’t had your first PP statement yet?

haha yep deffo a big mistake has been made haha! no I've had my first payments taken which have been the regular amount which is why I wanted to get it sorted so when my first statement comes through it doesn't calculate that I've underpaid when i haven't I have messaged the wattbott thing a few days ago but no reply yet 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@zezeheaven 

it shouldn’t affect your payments but be aware that it may take weeks and weeks to sort, reading disputes do.  This seems pretty straightforward, you can’t be charged for the same energy twice and it appears that you have (been).

I’m wondering if the statement will be the same, keep us updated?