Solved

Why is PP no longer competititive?

• 14 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I am totally bored with having to move suppliers....

I was with Outfox the Market since they started and only fell out with them because of their well documented problems with DD's - they changed mine (upwards..) three times in one month!

PP seemed a similar supplier but now seem to be consistently uncompetitive - why? Outfox, for example, are now 10% cheaper (all green too). And there are plenty of others cheaper too. I wonder if this is due to the gas supplier change?

Anybody have any real information? Yes PP, I'm looking at you..

Otherwise the merry go round continues. It's ridiculous. Nearly as bad as bl**dy car insurance!
icon

Best answer by woz 14 August 2019, 14:19

Pjr918bmw
What does the direct debit have to do with anything? If in your case price alone is the most important thing to you then surely the unit prices (plus any standing charge) are what matters, not the direct debit? If you only pay for the energy you use and Outfox were only charging you for what you used then within reason the DD is irrelevant.
So there must have been some other reason you moved.
Is your definition of "consistently uncompetitive" that PP should always be at the bottom of the price table?
​If so good luck with your very frequent supplier moves.

​There is no penalty for moving, other than in your case more boredom.

Disclaimer I too would like to see a price cut but I'm having such fun with the happy Pure Planet community I can't put a price on that!
;35357:

I was with Outfox the Market since they started and only fell out with them because of their well documented problems with DD's - they changed mine (upwards..) three times in one month!

PP seemed a similar supplier but now seem to be consistently uncompetitive - why? Outfox, for example, are now 10% cheaper (all green too). And there are plenty of others cheaper too. I wonder if this is due to the gas supplier change?

Otherwise the merry go round continues. It's ridiculous. Nearly as bad as bl**dy car insurance!
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Pjr918bmw
What does the direct debit have to do with anything? If in your case price alone is the most important thing to you then surely the unit prices (plus any standing charge) are what matters, not the direct debit? If you only pay for the energy you use and Outfox were only charging you for what you used then within reason the DD is irrelevant.
Is your definition of "consistently uncompetitive" that PP should always be at the bottom of the price table?

Disclaimer I too would like to see a price cut but I'm having such fun with the happy Pure Planet community I can't put a price on that!
;35357:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
sorry I forgot to ask, what real information are you seeking?
woz;35373:
Pjr918bmw