Solved

Why have you transferred my gas but not my electricity?

• 2 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I think that PP has transferred over my gas but not my electricity despite requesting to switch both. I have only been able to supply opening meter readings for gas and my old provider still seems to be supplying my electricity. Why have you only transferred one and how do I go about getting the electricity transferred as well?

icon

Best answer by woz 2 November 2020, 13:39

@Maimo 

hi

They often don’t transfer together and  in theory PP won’t do the switch for either if there is an objection on either from the current provider. It is unusual for the electric to be last, usually it’s the gas.

Check your emails to see if PP have requested a photo of the meter, there may be a query on making sure they have the correct details.

You can use help and support>ask a question (wattbot) to send a message to the team in app or online

How long is it from the switch date??  If it’s very close I’d give it a day or two also it’s worth mentioning that  your old provider will still bill you until they produce the final bill, which can take up to 6 weeks.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Maimo 

hi

They often don’t transfer together and  in theory PP won’t do the switch for either if there is an objection on either from the current provider. It is unusual for the electric to be last, usually it’s the gas.

Check your emails to see if PP have requested a photo of the meter, there may be a query on making sure they have the correct details.

You can use help and support>ask a question (wattbot) to send a message to the team in app or online

How long is it from the switch date??  If it’s very close I’d give it a day or two also it’s worth mentioning that  your old provider will still bill you until they produce the final bill, which can take up to 6 weeks.

I haven’t been notified of any objection from my current provider and my account with them is in credit so seems odd if it’s that. I’ve tried to ask a question on the bot but had nothing back.

My account switched on the 29th October, I was told to send opening readings + photo but have only been able to send that for gas, it’s never asked me for electricity on the site (although the emails are general, they’re asking for “opening readings” rather than specifying gas/electric). After successfully submitting an opening reading for gas, I’ve been sent another email asking for “opening readings” which to me implies that they’re wanting the opening reading for electricity which they’ve not had - but when I follow the link in the email, the website gives me no option to submit an opening reading for electricity (or any reading for electricity). It just seems really bizarre. 

Hi @Maimo 
Welcome to the community.

Pure Planet don’t supply Gas only, so they will have requested that both fuels be switched.

Therefore, as with @woz, I can only presume one of two things has happened:

A: Something has delayed the switchover of your electricity, even though it used to be the gas that was delayed.

B: What’s known as an Erroneous Transfer has occurred, and someone else’s electricity supply has been switched instead of yours.

About the only two pieces of advice we can offer at the moment are either:

A: Wait a few days to see if the electric eventually catches up.

or

B: Send a message via WattBot as suggested by @woz, to see if Pure Planet can look into it.

Kindest regards

Gwyndy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Maimo 

and to add I’d attach a photo of your meter showing the serial number to wattbot and send that too, they’ll probably want it.