Solved

What happens when an account owner dies? Can it be transferred?

• 13 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I was managing my elderly father’s energy bills on line as he had dementia.  However, he has now died and my brother wants to take the account over at the same address.  Can the account be transfered?

icon

Best answer by LUCKY JO 14 January 2021, 01:58

So sorry to read this @JenE 

Please see below advice from Pure Planet from a previous post.

We know it’s a difficult time when someone you’re close to passes away. When it comes to their Pure Planet account, you can be reassured there’ll be no interruption to the energy supply.

If you need to let us know the account holder has passed away, or take over an account in the event of a bereavement, you can fill in this online form on our website.

Once the form’s been filled in, our Member Services team will check over the information provided and be in touch to help you get it sorted quickly. 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Sorry on your father's passing, yes the account can be taken over possibly need to be a new account but you need to get in touch with PP berevement team who will sort everything out.  I will tag one of PP advisors in post and they will be able to help.

@Marc 

Regards

Badge +1

So sorry to read this @JenE 

Please see below advice from Pure Planet from a previous post.

We know it’s a difficult time when someone you’re close to passes away. When it comes to their Pure Planet account, you can be reassured there’ll be no interruption to the energy supply.

If you need to let us know the account holder has passed away, or take over an account in the event of a bereavement, you can fill in this online form on our website.

Once the form’s been filled in, our Member Services team will check over the information provided and be in touch to help you get it sorted quickly. 

Hi @JenE 

Sorry to hear of your sad news. The link posted by @LUCKY JO is spot on. It’s a link to a bereveament form on the PP website. Once you complete that, one of our Member services team can get in touch to arrange the account transfer.

Thanks very much for your replies and kind wishes.  I will do as advised and fill in the form.