Solved

Unable to change email address on quote when trying to switch to PP

Hello - could someone from PP advise on this?

I’m trying to switch to PP from another provider, having previously been a customer here. It seems the switching form is retaining historical information from my old account including an email address that I no longer use. That’s the only piece of contact information that is not editable on the form.

How can I change the email address you hold so I can proceed with switching?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by woz 2 May 2021, 21:15

hi @MartinMcr 

as above or try the following (I’ve highlighted this as an issue previously but without going into too much detail you need to log out of both the community and Pure planet or it will remember your login -   but ignore this comment for the moment and read on)

1.my preferred option, Try this. I think it will work. Use another browser you haven’t used for PP before choose chrome, firefox or edge? , get a quote with your new email and then you’ll end up with a different community login. The melding/fettling/consolidating of the two “personas” MartinMcr and MartinMcr2 can be sorted afterwards by PP. Then you can always comment on this thread with your new identity in the meanwhile.

OR 2, 

Log out of both the community and PP with the same browser and join PP with your new email. You’ll not be able to log in to both accounts on the same browser (I told you so springs to mind here but that’s for another time)

Post back, if you can!

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@MartinMcr

How are you switching? Through a comparison website? Through the app? 

What happens if you start from fresh using the website and enter your details as a new customer?

Do you have a computer or is this what’s happening on your phone?

Have you moved property or did you leave PP for another provider? (this impacts possible incentive for which you need the same email address)

Hi Woz, thanks for the response.

I’m doing it directly in the PP website from a browser on my desktop computer. It doesn’t allow me to enter details as a new customer. It simply takes me straight into previously stored customer information, with no option to delete the email address (all other fields can be edited).

It is picking up the details from my old account which I closed about 14 months ago. I moved from PP to another provider, although this doesn’t seem to have impacted on the offer being available to me as a (now) new customer. I haven’t moved address.

I’ve noticed on the home page (where “enter your postcode to get a quote” option appears) that I’m still showing as logged in under my old account, hence being able to get into this forum and create a new thread. I can’t see a way of being able to change email address on my account details. I guess if I log out - which may solve the problem of being able to get a quote - I will lose access to post updates here.

Open a Private, or Incognito window to start afresh.

Or as you’re logged in, you can change your email address.

Or use Wattbot to ask PP to change your email address for you. Use the ☰ menu to Get help and support then Ask a Question. Now tell the Wattbot machine your situation. It likely won’t understand, so type Message the team to get the attention of a real human.

They should reply in a few days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @MartinMcr 

as above or try the following (I’ve highlighted this as an issue previously but without going into too much detail you need to log out of both the community and Pure planet or it will remember your login -   but ignore this comment for the moment and read on)

1.my preferred option, Try this. I think it will work. Use another browser you haven’t used for PP before choose chrome, firefox or edge? , get a quote with your new email and then you’ll end up with a different community login. The melding/fettling/consolidating of the two “personas” MartinMcr and MartinMcr2 can be sorted afterwards by PP. Then you can always comment on this thread with your new identity in the meanwhile.

OR 2, 

Log out of both the community and PP with the same browser and join PP with your new email. You’ll not be able to log in to both accounts on the same browser (I told you so springs to mind here but that’s for another time)

Post back, if you can!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@MartinMcr 

If you able to log into your old account, this may help 

Thank you all for your help, which has seemed to do the trick. I’ve been able to proceed with my switching quote. :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thank you all for your help, which has seemed to do the trick. I’ve been able to proceed with my switching quote. :thumbsup:

@MartinMcr 

Great, thanks for the update, we like updates!