Solved

Two Rate, Single Display Meter

• 30 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi

So we are coming on supply in 3 day. We have been asked to provide opening meter readings. We have a two rate, single display meter which has two rates displayed; R1 and R2 - the issue I am having is that the app asks for two readings; a Day(N) and a Night(L) which seems to indicate (from your meter guides online and me exploring your common questions on the forum) that your app is assuming we have an Economy 7 meter, is that correct?.

Either way, we have no way of knowing which R reading corresponds to which requested reading on the app.

The only answer I have been able to find for this is a post from three years ago on this forum:

This post suggest recording the two readings at 10am then checking a few hours later to see which one has increased, thus demonstrating which is out day rate. I can then record those readings into the corresponding boxes on the app.

Just wanted to check:

1. Is this what I should do?
  2. Why is the system assuming I have a meter I dont have?
  3. Why if this was an issue three years ago has there not been an option introduced to say ‘this is not my meter type’ or something to that effect?

As a side note, I have had to post here because the WattBot chat funtionality has failed to work for me - seems to be stuck in a limbo of not activating the auto responses or contacting the team at all. I will post seperatley about this issue.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

icon

Best answer by woz 30 April 2021, 15:30

@PennyPenfound

It should work once you persist through bot replies

If you get a message back from the bot saying your message has been passed to the team then you’ll get a reply from the team, if you don’t get that message you won’t (get a reply). It sounds like wattbot was stuck for you (I suspect from @Marc ‘s reply.)

If you can’t get as far as getting that reply try typing message the team, if all else fails come back to the community.

Re your readings the higher of the two readings will with 99% certainty be your day reading (unless you  only have electric heating on at night), 

If you have to press a button on the meter to cycle through readings the first press gives you day, the second press night then it shows the sum of the two.

View original

5 replies

Hi

So when we joined Pure Planet I used the WattBot chat for the first time and it worked properly, initially trying to solve my issue before telling me to message the team. It acknowledged that I had messaged the team before asking if I had anything to add. The team then messaged back in a very respectable time frame.

However, I have had a new issue which I wanted to discuss with the team and I have had to post it in this forum because the chat functionality no longer seems to be working for me.

When I load up chat, my previous converstions are there and WattBots automatic features will no longer activate for me. I can’t start a new line of inquiry and if I type ‘message the team’ as many forum post suggest I do, No WattBot message appears confirming that the team have recieved my messgae and get back to me like it did last time. I have no idea if my merssages are making it to the team or not.

I have tried logging in and out on multiple platforms and devices (android, web and iphone).

Any help with this matter would be appriciated.

Thanks!

​Hello @PennyPenfound 

Welcome back!

(BTW I’ve merged your two posts into one. Just to avoid duplicate chats).

We’ve given your WB message a little nudge. No need to chase it up, you should hear back soon. It might be after the bank hol weekend. Was the WB query about this same question as above?

Hi Marc

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, the messages submitted on WattBot were concerning the issue I was having with the meter readings.

How is WattBot meant to work for future reference then? Will the automated service ever kick in if I use it? How will I know if I’ve messaged the team or not?

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@PennyPenfound

It should work once you persist through bot replies

If you get a message back from the bot saying your message has been passed to the team then you’ll get a reply from the team, if you don’t get that message you won’t (get a reply). It sounds like wattbot was stuck for you (I suspect from @Marc ‘s reply.)

If you can’t get as far as getting that reply try typing message the team, if all else fails come back to the community.

Re your readings the higher of the two readings will with 99% certainty be your day reading (unless you  only have electric heating on at night), 

If you have to press a button on the meter to cycle through readings the first press gives you day, the second press night then it shows the sum of the two.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @PennyPenfound 

When you viewed the Wattbot messages, was there one that says something like, we've closed the chat and you will be back with Wattbot?. That should happen a short time from the last message you received if you don't add anything else.

If you didn't, it means that anything you post will bypass the bot and go straight to the team