Solved

Two gas meters, can I still join?

• 4 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Can I join Pure Plant if I have 2 gas meters supplying my property, as well as 1 electricity meter? This is a legacy from when it was 2 flats. If so, will the price quote be the same?

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 4 January 2021, 16:58

Hi

PP don't support multiple meters atm.

You can join with gas and electric or just electric only. 

I would've said you could have 2 accounts,  but you can't have gas only. 

Sorry. 

(I don't work for PP)

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

PP don't support multiple meters atm.

You can join with gas and electric or just electric only. 

I would've said you could have 2 accounts,  but you can't have gas only. 

Sorry. 

(I don't work for PP)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jgareljones 

Does your current supplier charge only one standing charge for both meters?

I’d ask for a quote to have one meter removed and the supply re-routed to come from the other meter.

It might be the better option moving forward depending on the cost (it depends on the pipework capacity etc.)

Alternatively look for a supplier with a very low standing charge for the remaining gas meter.

Thank you. Yes I currently pay the standing charge twice for each gas meter. The process of converting to single meter is not easy. SDN has to do it, they must survey the property and your usage to see if a single meter can handle the peak flow etc etc. You are of course correct, in the long run it would make sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you. Yes I currently pay the standing charge twice for each gas meter. The process of converting to single meter is not easy. SDN has to do it, they must survey the property and your usage to see if a single meter can handle the peak flow etc etc. You are of course correct, in the long run it would make sense.

@jgareljones Plan B, which depends on the relative consumption as to whether it would work out cheaper. Also you will have the added complication of ensuring the correct meter is switched if they both have the same address (unless one is designated as flat 2 or whatever)