Trying to join, failing

• 31 August 2018
  • 10 replies

I can't get the app to load. It just freezes on the home screen and then turns blue after a while. I click on the email links and get in an endless loop of you need to enter your email address, you need to click this link. Yes, I've tried deleting the old emails, yes I've downloaded the latest APP, no I haven't tried wattbot and have no idea where to find it. This is not a great experience. Can someone from PP make this work, or should I just go elsewhere?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi peter.
First question in trying to resolve your issues.
What device and operating system are you trying to run the app on so as to make sure of its compatibility.
Hi, thanks. Its a Huawei P8 smartphone, running Android 5.0.1.
Hi @Peter Moore
Welcome to the community
The app supports Android 5.0 so your phone should be OK.

This login 'loop' can happen at times because when going to email from the app to click on the security check to verify your account, your phone will not necessarily show you the most recent email from us.
Often you will be taken straight to the body of an older email, not the inbox 'list' view of all emails.

So to be sure, delete all recent emails from us from your inbox.
And this time, after entering your email address into the app to login, instead of following the link from the app to your email, simply press your phone's home button, then open your email app, you will see just the one email from Pure Planet, open that and then tap on 'finish your security check'.

See what I mean?
Yes, I see what you mean. I had found the advice on the forum and tried it previously, but just to be sure I tried again and have no luck.

- - - Updated - - -

And actually, the "after entering your email address into the app to login" isn't possible, because the app never gets beyond the home screen and offers no option to enter email address. I can pull up the web site and do it from there, and I am quite sure I am responding to the latest email but it just takes me round and round. This really doesn't seem to work.
OK no worries @Peter Moore
I'll ask our tech team to have a look 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Peter
I have to admit I'm at a loss here, and a little confused by your description. How are you able to get the email if the app is freezing, or is it only freezing when you try to authenticate? It sounds like the authentication isn't working?
Have you tried it on data and wifi?
May a suggest something? Go to the LATEST email and copy or share the link (http://pe.app.link/xxxxxx?token=xxxxxxxxxxxxx) and paste it into your browser. It should then give you the option of opening the app.
I'm wondering if it's something in the 'phone permission settings?
You have typed in the correct email?
In the meanwhile do you (or does someone close) have an alternative device you can try, a tablet perhaps?

edit: I posted this while Marc was replying
I got an initial email inviting me to download. And after doing that and the app failing to work, I went back there and somehow got a link to a web site which asked me to enter my email address, which sent me an email etc etc etc. . I don't think I have any odd settings on my phone/apps. I have no problem using any other app, authenticated or otherwise. There seem to be a lot of negative reviews on play store, so I don't think I can be alone in finding this difficult. I have tried data/wifi, although I can't see why that would make any difference.
I think this service is not for me, but thanks for your attempts to help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Peter Moore;11015:
I got an initial email inviting me to download. And after doing that and the app failing to work, I went back there and somehow?(my edit woz) got a link to a web site which asked me to enter my email address, which sent me an email etc etc etc. . I don't think I have any odd settings on my phone/apps. I have no problem using any other app, authenticated or otherwise. There seem to be a lot of negative reviews on play store, so I don't think I can be alone in finding this difficult. I have tried data/wifi, although I can't see why that would make any difference.
I think this service is not for me, but thanks for your attempts to help.

Ahh that (sort of) explains it, if the app isn't generating the authentication code it won't work.
First you need to be able to get past the app freezing , then enter email in the app.
If it's not for you it's not for you, but I'd try a different device if you have one. In the meanwhile the techies will be trying to figure out why it's freezing.
As far as data/wifi is concerned it should make no difference but there have been instances where people have said it did- I know it shouldn't. Maybe coincidence or a server glitch..who knows..
Me too. I just go round in circles with never ending standard emails.
HI @Chris F

Welcome to the Community!

It seems like you and @Peter Moore are having a similar issue.

You'll need to tap the menu in the top right of the screen - then tap 'Login' - tap in your email address - leave the app - open your email app (on your phone, this won't work if you open the email address elsewhere). Then tap the link in the email we send you.

You can access WattBot by tapping the menu > 'Help'