Solved

Transfer from old property to new - any reason why I can't keep my old tariff?

Userlevel 2

I’ve just moved from one property and am in the process of switching to Pure Planet again but am disappointed to note that the tariff has gone up.  Is there no way of keeping my old tariff as my move has only taken place in the last two weeks?

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 6 October 2020, 17:01

I think you’re out of luck @Guernsey House. When you move you have to restart your deal. It’s a good idea and incentive though. Perhaps PP will consider the idea??

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 2

I’ve just moved from one property and am in the process of switching to Pure Planet again but am disappointed to note that the tariff has gone up.  Is there no way of keeping my old tariff as my move has only taken place in the last two weeks?

I think you’re out of luck @Guernsey House. When you move you have to restart your deal. It’s a good idea and incentive though. Perhaps PP will consider the idea??

I think you’re still out of luck @Guernsey House. When you move you have to restart your deal. It’s a good idea and incentive though. Perhaps PP will consider the idea??

Userlevel 2

Thanks 25 quid - I thought I might have missed something when I switched!!  Much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Guernsey House 

I seem to remember that this is possible, give me a while and I’ll see if I can find the relevant missive…

disclaimer I could be wrong don’t get yer hopes up...

Userlevel 2

Thank you!  I will wait patiently…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Guernsey House 

OK found it, sorry it wasn’t quite what I thought, it refers to exit fees only, which apply to fixed tariff and which PP will refund, if you move from a property where you’re on  the fixed tariff, you will get the exit fees back if you sign up at the new address, but you can’t unfortunately keep the same tariff.

You will also get the £25 credit which should help a little.

As far as I know the variable tariff  hasn’t increased since May has it? (I can’t see that continuing) The fixed was updated today (bad luck, but I haven’t analysed the difference yet as I’ve only just found out) and  before that on 10th Sept and then the previous fixes were May, July and August, the July one being overall the cheapest (depends on gas/electric usage though)

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

https://community.purepla.net/moving-home-42/taking-pure-planet-with-me-when-i-move-home-10311

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Guernsey House 

I replied in your other duplicate post, (it’s better to keep posts together it’s easier.)

https://community.purepla.net/joining-and-switching-13/transfer-from-old-property-to-new-any-reason-why-i-can-t-keep-my-old-tariff-11220?postid=64475#post64475

Userlevel 2

Thank you - sorry, I am new to this.

Hey @Guernsey House and welcome to the Community! 

Don’t worry - I’ve merged your posts together now so they all appear in one place :relaxed:  you can add any replies in the text box at the bottom of this page, to keep everything together :thumbsup:

This is a really good question! I think @25 quid is spot on - please do add it to our Ideas Board and we’ll take a look into this. 

I think you’re still out of luck @Guernsey House. When you move you have to restart your deal. It’s a good idea and incentive though. Perhaps PP will consider the idea??

Be sure to use the same email as before to have your exit fees refunded and receive your £25 incentive for sticking with us  (@woz  has also provided a helpful link about this!). 

Thanks @woz @25 quid for getting stuck in to help out! 

Userlevel 2

Thank you all of you - what a great community!

Cut-out and keep