Solved

Total silence since registering to switch to Pure Planet????

• 9 October 2018
  • 12 replies

On September 14th, I switched (At least I thought I had).
Since then I have heard nothing at all.
I have emailed pure planet but have had no reply so I am wondering what the hell is happening if anything?

Help and advice urgently needed before I try and switch to another company.
icon

Best answer by woz 9 October 2018, 13:35

hi dogman
how did you do the switch?
If you went through a comparison website you still need to do the switch through the app on a smartphone or tablet.
Did you give banking details in the app?
My guess is you haven't switched or you would have had a welcome pack and the app would show you the progress. It takes 17 days to switch from when you instigate the switch in the app.
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi dogman
how did you do the switch?
If you went through a comparison website you still need to do the switch through the app on a smartphone or tablet.
Did you give banking details in the app?
My guess is you haven't switched or you would have had a welcome pack and the app would show you the progress. It takes 17 days to switch from when you instigate the switch in the app.
I did complete the switch via the app but still nothing since that date.

Yes, banking details given.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure I recall reading a message from Pure Planet saying the switch will take 17 days which was perfect as that was when my fixed rate with current company expired. I am now on a higher rate waiting for this switch.
Strangely, I cannot find that message which stated 17 days before they are my supplier.
Hi @dogman
I've flagged this with our team.
You're not on supply. After entering your details in the app, you will have had to confirm your switch.
After that you'd get a welcome pack by email (about 24 hours later).
I know you had some email issues before. Looks like the switch didn't go through
(unless you tried with a different email address?)
I did eventually get the app to do the switch and it confirmed it.
I had to delete some emails and start afresh. I think that was the advice given on here. The advice worked anyway.

Your new energy plan
Pure Planet
Customer name:
Customer ID: 5372315
Your postcode:
Your contact details:
MPAN: S/01/801/300/19/0004/3191/817
MPRN: 0704014104
New supplier name: Pure Planet
New fuel type: gas and electricity
Annual cost: £1323.79
via Monthly Fixed Direct Debit
Date switched: 14/09/2018

- - - Updated - - -

The app definitely confirmed the switch but it doesn't say that now, so very confused.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi dogman
is it possible that you accidentally cancelled? That's the only thing I can think of that would stop your switch going ahead if there was no intervention from your previous supplier.
It may also be worth contacting your previous supplier to see what their take is, because it's quite concerning for all that the switch hasn't happened.
dogman;13021:
I did eventually get the app to do the switch and it confirmed it.
I had to delete some emails and start afresh. I think that was the advice given on here. The advice worked anyway.

Your new energy plan
Pure Planet
Customer name:
Customer ID: 5372315
Your postcode:
Your contact details:
MPAN: S/01/801/300/19/0004/3191/817
MPRN: 0704014104
New supplier name: Pure Planet
New fuel type: gas and electricity
Annual cost: £1323.79
via Monthly Fixed Direct Debit
Date switched: 14/09/2018

- - - Updated - - -

The app definitely confirmed the switch but it doesn't say that now, so very confused.

Hi @dogman
I can see what's happening here. That is from a price comparison site, not from Pure Planet.
What you need to do now is login to the app (using the same email address you gave to the price comparison site) and retrieve your quote. Then you need to confirm the switch in the app and start the process.

I think we're getting there 🆙
I wonder if the app has been affected by a s/w update for my phone?
I definitely went through and completed the switching process.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Maybe so, but that still wouldn't explain why the switch disappeared (unless your software update cancelled it!)
dogman;13078:
I wonder if the app has been affected by a s/w update for my phone?
I definitely went through and completed the switching process.
I have just gone through the process again on the app and all the details I previously entered were there so I was right I did go through the process.
Now I am due to be switched on the 27th October instead of the original date of October 1st which was perfect as on that date my fixed rate ended.

We will see if this goes ahead now.
I definitely didn't cancel the switch. I am computer / tech savvy, despite my age. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello dogman.
This whole using a comparison site seems to cause issues, not really sure why i use them to gleen information but never do i use them to buy or sign up for any products.
If your switch is finally under way then you should get some sort of countdown on the app homepage.
Welcome aboard (hopefully)
Yes, it says 17 days. I know I have seen this screen before today as I recall seeing the offer of £25 for referring a friend.

I doubt that I will ever know what happened to stop my original switch process.
I will blame it on aliens.