Solved

Timeframe for switch...

• 17 October 2018
  • 38 replies

Hi- just some feedback on the app. Please could it have more information or detail on the progress of a switch? I applied at the end of September and since then have had ‘we’re setting up your account’ .... but nothing else. I assume things are going ahead but I’ve no confirmation of that, I can’t contact anyone at Pure and my existing supplier (checked today) has no notification that I’m moving. All in all not the most informative of processes....
icon

Best answer by Marc 18 October 2018, 09:36

Pebblehound;13827:
Hi- just some feedback on the app. Please could it have more information or detail on the progress of a switch? I applied at the end of September and since then have had ‘we’re setting up your account’ .... but nothing else. I assume things are going ahead but I’ve no confirmation of that, I can’t contact anyone at Pure and my existing supplier (checked today) has no notification that I’m moving. All in all not the most informative of processes....

Hi @Pebblehound
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting. And cheers guys @Jon1 @Bev @Gabolino @woz for helping out. :raisinghands:
The app does show switch progress. It looks like this:

I've flagged this up with our Member services team.
Did you send us some photos of your meters? (They emailed you 23rd Sep asking for these)
View original

38 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi Pebble, welcome to the community.

That's a great piece of feedback. Im sure @Marc will take note :D

The switch takes 21 days. Which day did you request it?
I think it was 29th September...
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi pebble.
You should of just about switched ny now. Have you had any emails? The first would of been asking you to confirm your intension to switch. Check all spam and promo folders just in case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Switch takes 17 days, Pebble, so as Jon says, you should have gone live with PP yesterday
Just checked- nothing I’m afraid...😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Pebblehound;13858:
Just checked- nothing I’m afraid...😕

I fear sadly in your case something has gone a stray. Is there an option in the app to switch ? If there is try again as i fear something did not compute.
Hi Jon - no, I have an option to cancel the switch but I don’t want to do that and then go through the whole process again....🤔
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi @Pebblehound (interesting name)
If you've switched the app does give you a time-frame of when things should happen.
Have you had a welcome pack by email?
Did you enter your banking details?
It's possible your switch may have been blocked by your previous supplier (although you should have received communication if that was the case)
I'd contact them first to see what they think is happening.
Pebblehound;13827:
As somebody who has recently started the switching process, here are the communications I've had so far.

The app - countdown on home screen - "You're on supply in X days"

Email on day 1 of countdown: "FOR INFO: Introducing Pure Planet", telling me to look out for my welcome pack.

Email on day 1: "Welcome to Pure Planet" - the welcome pack.

Email on day 2 from current supplier saying they are sorry to see me go :)

Email on day 8: "FOR INFO: Everything's on track" - email letting me know that everything is going smoothly and I'll be on supply in 9 days.

That's it so far - I've been kept informed and have also had a conversation with "the team" via WattBot. First reply was after 3 working days, 2nd was within 2 working days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Email on day 12 should say “We’re ready for your meter readings Pebble”, then email on day 16 should say “You’ll be switching from midnight tonight Pebble”.

so something’s failed somewhere along the line 🤭😟
Bev;13875:
Email on day 12 should say “We’re ready for your meter readings Pebble”, then email on day 16 should say “You’ll be switching from midnight tonight Pebble”.

so something’s failed somewhere along the line 🤭😟

Hi @Bev,

it's not day 12 yet - that will be Friday :)

My post was to let others know what to expect early on the process - it wasn't a query or complaint.
Well , to be honest not a great 1st impression - no request for meter readings etc. Will wait until Friday but if no change will look for someone who wants my custom 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Oh I know that Mike 👍, no misunderstanding at all. Know not complaining nor querying. Knew explaining to Pebble what you’d received so far. I simply added what else you’d receive by days 12 and 16 before the live switch on day 17 👍

Pebble can now see what SHOULD have been sent out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi pebble
can you give us some idea of what communication(s) you've had if any so far?
What's bothering me here is that you appear to have the option to cancel, which seems to indicate that your switch is in progress UNLESS for some reason you cancelled it very early on without realising. My guess is that's what's happened.
Is that possible?
Also, I see no point in waiting until Friday if you haven't had any of the other communications, realistically I can't see this changing course.
Pebblehound;13877:
Well , to be honest not a great 1st impression - no request for meter readings etc. Will wait until Friday but if no change will look for someone who wants my custom ������
I’ve had an initial e-mail which queried my meter numbers (which I provided) and that’s it. As I say, my app tells me that the account is being set up and there is a button which would allow me to cancel the switch...
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello again.
My guess and its only a guess. Something about your meters,address or some other detail does not compute. This is causing a delay in the switch while everything is confirmed. You could DM marc and in the morning he could give more advice and maybe get his catapult out and shoot at whom ever he needs to and find out whats happening.
Pebblehound;13827:

Hi @Pebblehound
Thanks for posting. And cheers guys @Jon1 @Bev @Gabolino @woz for helping out. :raisinghands:

Did you send us some photos of your meters? (They emailed you 23rd Sep asking for these)
Marc;13912:
Hi @Pebblehound

Hi - yes - sent supply number and meter numbers as requested on 23rd (so even earlier than I thought). My app screen says "William, we're setting up your account".
Pebblehound;13928:
Hi - yes - sent supply number and meter numbers as requested on 23rd (so even earlier than I thought). My app screen says "William, we're setting up your account".

Thanks @Pebblehound
Great stuff. Alice from our team is looking into this now
Also, like some other members have said, top username! 😃
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Marc;13912:
Hi @Pebblehound

I love this, didnt exist when I switched!
Day 12 today and, right on cue, email asking for meter readings. I have submitted these, along with photos of my meters showing the readings. Hopefully those will help if Octopus dispute them.

Only 5 more days to go 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
So, 3 days to go but the app is asking again for initial meter readings. I submitted these two days ago, along with photos, and got the big green tick. Is this just a bug, or should I submit those same readings again, just to satisfy it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello day 3

It should be ok but you could send them again just to make sure, wont hurt. I do believe its a slight error in the process that it keeps asking.
Jon1;14234:
Hello day 3

It should be ok but you could send them again just to make sure, wont hurt. I do believe its a slight error in the process that it keeps asking.

I might wait until tomorrow and see what it says. @Marc - has this been confirmed as an error/bug?