Solved

switching to pure planet

• 8 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi

I switched on the 26th march and gave my meter readings but my ex supplier said they havent received my electric reading yet. I am £100 in credit with them so keen to get this sorted asap so i can get a refund. How do i do this please? 

icon

Best answer by Duppy 8 April 2021, 15:25

@Katiex89 

The readings you send are sent to an independent third party for validation and the whole process can take up to 6 weeks.

More information in this link

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Katiex89 

The readings you send are sent to an independent third party for validation and the whole process can take up to 6 weeks.

More information in this link

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi

I switched on the 26th march and gave my meter readings but my ex supplier said they havent received my electric reading yet. I am £100 in credit with them so keen to get this sorted asap so i can get a refund. How do i do this please? 

@Katiex89 

I’d ask your original supplier to reduce the DD, they will continue to take it until they produce the final bill. There is no way to control the process, readings have to be validated and (this isn’t me being rude) it simply takes as long as it takes (up to 6 weeks).

@woz No logical reason of course as to why it should take 6 weeks. Must be a public sector department handling it!

I started my switch on 1 July and I have not heard anything from Pure planet.  My current contract ends 31 July.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I started my switch on 1 July and I have not heard anything from Pure planet.  My current contract ends 31 July.

Hi.

Have you confirmed your switch via the verification email from  PP?

If not, have you checked your spam folder? 

Hello @Shanta Halai 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Great advice from @Angelabikerbabe here - if you can’t find the verification email, contact our Member Services team and they’ll be able to resolve this for you. 

To contact the team go to our app, then to ‘help’ then ‘ask a question’. Type ‘message the team’ along with a description of your issue and the team will get back to you within 3 working days. The message that lets you know your conversation has been passed to the team says ‘I’ve passed our conversation to the team’.

I hope this helps!

@Mads Perhaps, having regard to the point raised @Shanta Halai should have a reply without waiting 3 days. It is one of those cases where I would expect a reply within hours but the system does not cater for that.

Yes good point @G4RHL! @Shanta Halai if you can’t find your verification email in your inbox or spam let us know and I can flag this with our team for you. If you do find it once you’ve verified your email the switch takes 17 days to process. 

If you roll onto a variable tariff (this will avoid any exit fees) with your current supplier hopefully switching away should still be quite hassle free!

This may also be useful:

I hope this helps!