Solved

Switching to another provider - new tennant

• 22 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi I am trying to switch the gas and electricity of the property I am renting to Utility point. I have followed all your steps and told them to go ahead. You have blocked the switch twice and I am ready to report you. I have not signed any contracts with you and I have notified you that I am a new tenant. Why are you still objecting the switch?

icon

Best answer by woz 22 September 2020, 13:10

Hi I am trying to switch the gas and electricity of the property I am renting to Utility point. I have followed all your steps and told them to go ahead. You have blocked the switch twice and I am ready to report you. I have not signed any contracts with you and I have notified you that I am a new tenant. Why are you still objecting the switch?

hi @Janine29 

the answer is because you do have a contract with PP as a deemed customer (true if it were any supplier). That’s how it works - with every person who moves into a property 

As a customer you are responsible for paying PP for what you use and so quite reasonably PP want to make sure you’ll pay as would any company. Remember they don’t know who you are yet.

Follow the directions given in the faq and you’ll have no problems switching.

https://community.purepla.net/moving-home-42/moving-in-property-supplied-by-pure-planet-10312

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

There are no call centres with PP, it is an app-based company.
You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.

if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, 

Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

It will then offer you a few options of faq, if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',

Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team. Anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.'

You can then type in your message (and any photos), then send it

Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Janine29 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! It's worth noting that when you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet but to your fellow customers.

It can be tricky switching very quickly when you move in - it's important that the energy company supplying your property know that you are now responsible for the property, and that the final bill has been settled by the previous tenant.

So it's worth checking that you have followed the process described here.

If you have, then the next stage would be to contact Pure Planet by going to Help and Support, click on Wattbot, put message the team in the question box and then explain the situation. They promise to get back to you within one or two working days.

Stephen

PS Sorry @Angelabikerbabe ! I started my reply before your excellent response, got interrupted, then saw your post after I had posted. Just so you know!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Janine29 

the answer is because you do have a contract with PP as a deemed customer (true if it were any supplier). That’s how it works - with every person who moves into a property 

As a customer you are responsible for paying PP for what you use and so quite reasonably PP want to make sure you’ll pay as would any company. Remember they don’t know who you are yet.

Follow the directions given in the faq and you’ll have no problems switching.

https://community.purepla.net/moving-home-42/moving-in-property-supplied-by-pure-planet-10312