Switching problems

Am trying to switch, but when I have confirmed all my details and get to the 'confirm my switch' tab, despite trying several times, nothing happens when I tap on the tab? Help anyone?

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Seems like it could be some sort of bug. Do you get any sort of error message or it simply doesn't do anything at all?
Thanks, just doesn't do anything. I've sent a message on the bott thing, but no reply. Don't know what else I can do to complete the switch
I've tried again, deleting app and downloading again, but still cannot get passed entering my bank details, nothing happens when I tap 'confirm my switch'. I'm using iPad iOS 9.3.5, no point in continuing with pure planet if it is thus difficult to confirm to switch. Does anyone out there have an answer?? I've left messages on watt it but no contact from pureplanet and no other way of contacting them!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Could you not update to iOS 11.4.1? Pretty sure it’d work fine then 🆙
That’s gonna be an ipad2 still on ios9,there is no possibility to upgrade it
Thanks, my iPad is old but works perfectly for what I want to do so I don't want the expense of replacing. Does this mean I can't access pure planet via this iPad? I know I can't update it anymore, Apple want to maintain their profits by limiting the number of times you can update before having to purchase a newer iPad.
Hi @Mmbh
Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting 🆙
I've flagged this up with our tech team and there's a bug with some older models of iPads that makes the switch button unresponsive.
Obviously we want this fixed ASAP and there will be an app release soon to sort it.
I'll update this thread with more info as soon as I get it.

Also - updating to a more recent version of iOS will fix this issue straight away for you. Have you tried that? Will it definitely not go any higher?
Thanks for reply, I am aware my iPad is old, but it does everything I want, I don't use social media etc so have no need to spend on a new iPad. Does this mean I can't switch to pure planet? If so. I will have to switch to another provider. I don't use a smartphone either (I'm retired and have decluttered my IT footprint!).
Hi @Mmbh
The fix for the iPad bug you're experiencing should be released very soon. (No fixed date but I anticipate within a fortnight).
So it's your call, especially if you're in a hurry and need to switch soon. Thanks for checking us out 🆙
If not now maybe we'll welcome you another time! 🙂
Thanks Marc, I have some time to play with re the switch, but I don't want to mess people about going from provider to provider. If there is a chance the fix for the iPad bug will be within the next few weeks I will wait and try again, will there be any notification about this or should I just try again at the end of the month, early August?
Hi @Mmbh
That's great. Nice one for being patient! :)
It should be next week.
I will update this thread as soon as I have more info.
That sound OK?

Mmbh;8759:
Thanks Marc, I have some time to play with re the switch, but I don't want to mess people about going from provider to provider. If there is a chance the fix for the iPad bug will be within the next few weeks I will wait and try again, will there be any notification about this or should I just try again at the end of the month, early August?