Solved

Switching Problems

• 18 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi Guys,

Hoping you can assist. I'm trying to switch via MSE. I received an action verify email address to complete the switch from PP. Upon clicking to verify the switch I get an error page saying sorry you cannot login please click on most recent link. 

Does this mean the switch has been unsuccessful? 

I've also tried to contact via MSE but to no avail.

What can I do?

TIA for your time x 

icon

Best answer by woz 19 September 2020, 00:51

Hi Guys,

Hoping you can assist. I'm trying to switch via MSE. I received an action verify email address to complete the switch from PP. Upon clicking to verify the switch I get an error page saying sorry you cannot login please click on most recent link. 

What can I do?

TIA for your time x 

hi @Sayhi77 

try deleting all of the login emails, then login using your email (is it the same email you used for mse?) and you will have one login mail only. Click the link in that one mail you’ve received.

Post back if you still have problems, you shouldn’t have to restart this, in fact it’s much harder to restart if you’ve come through a comparison site because they assume it’s in progress so you’d need to cancel at their end, which isn’t reasonable.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Sayhi77 

yes it is a good switch, the community is very helpful but there are a few things you need to be aware of. PP don’t have call centres but you can communicate with staff through help and support in app or online. (aka wattbot). Most of the frustration and negativity is as a result of people switching and then expecting a call centre.

Also the dd payments are split 60/40, you pay more oct-mar., less apr-sep, but your quote will detail that; (some people either don’t understand or don’t like that, they assume that because the winter payment is higher that pp is more expensive but that isn’t the case)

Use the app, it’s fine (not perfect but as with all apps it’s work in progress). Once you’ve logged in don’t log out and you won’t have to verify each time. (Also true online)

Your switch wont happen unless you complete the confirm process then you’ll see a countdown in the app, if you’ve had a welcome pack your switch is in progress.

HOWEVER...I am a bit concerned by your cancellation at mse’s end, because if the welcome pack was from the first attempt the switch is in progress and mse now think it’s cancelled, which may screw up your mse switching incentives. If the switch from the first attempt has gone ahead I’d contact mse and explain what’s happened and say you cancelled in error because you thought the switch wouldn’t complete, but if your switch is as a result of the 2nd attempt then all should be ok.

The above is just my opinion, I don’t work for PP, but I can recommend them (and they don’t pay me to say this!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Sayhi77 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community!

If I've read this correctly, you haven't switched until you've verified your email.

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-to-pure-planet-from-a-price-comparison-website-10438

I would try starting again, and if you still get stuck, post back here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Guys,

What can I do?

TIA for your time x 

hi @Sayhi77 

try deleting all of the login emails, then login using your email (is it the same email you used for mse?) and you will have one login mail only. Click the link in that one mail you’ve received.

Post back if you still have problems, you shouldn’t have to restart this, in fact it’s much harder to restart if you’ve come through a comparison site because they assume it’s in progress so you’d need to cancel at their end, which isn’t reasonable.

Thanks for checking in on me.

I managed to get MSE to cancel my switch so I could start again. Weird thing is I didn't get a verify email but saw an earlier mail from PP about finishing the switch. Clicked to confirm and now received emails consisting of Welcome Pack. That's a good sign right?

Was going to download app but the reviews are shocking. Please reassure me that PP is a good switch?! X

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Sayhi77 any update?

Hey @Sayhi77 

Great to hear you’ve received your Welcome Pack :grin:

Really useful and thorough reply from @woz there, too, which hopefully reassures you! 

We’re continuing to work on and improve our app - in fact, Community members often provide helpful feedback and ideas on how we can improve it, feel free to add any suggestions! :thumbsup: 
You can of course also manage your account when logged in at purepla.net if you prefer.