Solved

switching problem

• 14 December 2017
  • 13 replies

Hi, I switched to Pure Planet and was notified on 2/12/17 that the switch would be complete at midnight.
I sent my energy readings to my old supplier thinking I had switched successfully.
Last night I had a meter reading request from the old supplier, emailed them that I had switched and they say they know nothing about it and I am still their customer so I am now paying two suppliers. I was advised Pure Planet is part of the switching service and didn't think this could happen. Help! Thanks.
icon

Best answer by colin 18 December 2017, 22:46

Dear Toby,
Received the below from my 'previous' energy supplier today;

"After inspecting the National Database records, we can confirm that we are still your electricity supplier.
Please contact the supplier to whom you wish to transfer your electricity supply and check what is causing the delay for your switch and why they still have not applied for the transfer of supply.

If you would like any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our friendly and helpful support team are available on 0800 6444 451 from 8am until 8pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays and from 9am until 4pm on Saturdays. "

Regards Colin
View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
colin;1265:
Hi, I switched to Pure Planet and was notified on 2/12/17 that the switch would be complete at midnight.
I sent my energy readings to my old supplier thinking I had switched successfully.
Last night I had a meter reading request from the old supplier, emailed them that I had switched and they say they know nothing about it and I am still their customer so I am now paying two suppliers. I was advised Pure Planet is part of the switching service and didn't think this could happen. Help! Thanks.

I don't think you can be an active customer on two different energy suppliers – at least not on paper. Have you got any emails from Pure Planet requesting any readings? I got a welcome package from them and it was all nice and smooth.
Userlevel 5
Hi @colin, I'm Toby, the community manager. Welcome!

Have you received welcome emails from Pure Planet?
Hi Toby, thanks for response. Yes I did receive welcome emails thank you. Why do you ask?
Regards Colin
Userlevel 5
Hi @colin,

I wanted to check what you had received from us in order to look into this for you. Was the 2/12/17 the date you've been told you'll be on Pure Planet's supply? Or that you have joined through the app?

We'll solve this, rest assured 🙂
Hi Toby, thanks for response:
sequence of emails from pure planet;

Welcome to pure planet NOV 17th
Everything's on track NOV 24th
Send meter reading NOV 28th
Switch complete pay £55 tomorrow DEC 2nd
You're on pure plant DEC 3rd
-------------------------------------------
Previous energy supplier sequence of emails;

Supply meter readings DEC 13th
No transfer request received DEC 14th
Asked permission to access National Database DEC 15th

Regards Colin
Userlevel 5
Hi @colin,
Sorry for the delay here, I shall ask the member services team to investigate this for you today. Myself or the team will contact you when we can!
Hello Toby

- - - Updated - - -

I tried contact the app way but no reply
Userlevel 5
Hi shahid01, at what time did you write a message? Our team will reply when they can, but it may not be instantly 🙂.
Hi Toby switch problem and no reply from pure planet

- - - Updated - - -

Received email from pure planet saying my current supplier is blocking my current supplier is saying it's the law new supplier have to wait 14 days cooling off period
Userlevel 5
Hi @Shahid01,
Good to hear you've had an update! Please reply there if you need to keep discussing it with our team.
Dear Toby,
Received the below from my 'previous' energy supplier today;

"After inspecting the National Database records, we can confirm that we are still your electricity supplier.
Please contact the supplier to whom you wish to transfer your electricity supply and check what is causing the delay for your switch and why they still have not applied for the transfer of supply.

If you would like any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our friendly and helpful support team are available on 0800 6444 451 from 8am until 8pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays and from 9am until 4pm on Saturdays. "

Regards Colin
Userlevel 5
Thanks for this update @colin. I shall talk to the team today to get this sorted out for you. Thanks for being so patient!
Userlevel 5
Hi @colin,
You should have an email from a member of our team. Thanks!