Solved

switching on behalf of someone else

• 31 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently successfully switched to Pure Planet via MSE. I am now trying to switch to Pure planet on behalf of my mother. She doesn't have email or internet. I have now had an email from Pure planet to say they are already supplying my mother's address. This is definitely not the case! I think the problem is you already have my email address for my own account. Is there a way around this? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by woz 31 October 2020, 01:28

hi @Fergusjohnstone 

yes there is, each account has to have a unique email address, sign mum up with a different address and you’ll need to log out of your account and into hers. You’ll need to be able to retreive the emails on the device you log in on so….

Some providers such as gmail etc.allow you to modify your address with a plus so if your address was fergywergy@gmail .com you could use fergywergy+mumPP@gmail.com as her address, the emails would come to your gmail account but PP would see it as unique. 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Fergusjohnstone 

yes there is, each account has to have a unique email address, sign mum up with a different address and you’ll need to log out of your account and into hers. You’ll need to be able to retreive the emails on the device you log in on so….

Some providers such as gmail etc.allow you to modify your address with a plus so if your address was fergywergy@gmail .com you could use fergywergy+mumPP@gmail.com as her address, the emails would come to your gmail account but PP would see it as unique.