Solved

switching issue, I don't see chat option

• 12 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I requested the switch to pureplanet a couple of weeks ago now. I was asked to submit the meter reading for electricity recently, but not for the gas (although I have requested the switch for both fuels). Could this be a consequence of the existing smart meter for gas?

More importantly, now the 17 days (it was estimated that it will take this long to switch) passed by a couple of days ago, but I didn’t receive any updates about the switch via e-mail (yes, I have checked my spam folder too). Weirdly, when I log into my account on the web platform, I don’t see the chat option to be able to contact somebody about the switch. Also, the little “bar” to get a quote re-appeared again. So I am puzzled about where I am in this process and whether something went wrong and they cannot complete the switch or not.

Any advises on this issue would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Alpár

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 12 April 2021, 12:06

Hi @alpár 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! 

This is definitely puzzling  - the request for a meter reading suggests the switch was happening, everything else suggests it wasn't. Did you get a welcome pack by email at the start of the switch process? And the acid test of a successful switch - your first direct debit payment is taken on the day of your switch, 17 days after it started. If that's not happened, you haven't switched.

Pure Planet doesn't have a chat facility, by the way. You can get in touch via Wattbot, found in Help and support.

I know others will pitch in with their thoughts!

Stephen

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @alpár 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! 

This is definitely puzzling  - the request for a meter reading suggests the switch was happening, everything else suggests it wasn't. Did you get a welcome pack by email at the start of the switch process? And the acid test of a successful switch - your first direct debit payment is taken on the day of your switch, 17 days after it started. If that's not happened, you haven't switched.

Pure Planet doesn't have a chat facility, by the way. You can get in touch via Wattbot, found in Help and support.

I know others will pitch in with their thoughts!

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

thanks a lot for the fast reply. Yes, I got the welcome pack (with the ‘terms and conditions’ document in it). Since I have submitted the electricity meter reading I was hoping that the switch is indeed happening. But since the gas submission was not requested, I suspect that there is an issue. I initially supposed that this is because I have a smart meter for the gas. But maybe there is some issue, despite this.

The direct debit was due to happen last Friday and it didn’t happen, so again, I suppose that there is an issue because of this.

I was meaning the Wattbot, when I said chat. This option is not accessible on my platform, so I cannot contact pureplanet at all, seemingly.

Also, since the option to ‘get a quote’ reappeared, this indicates again that there have been some issues.

Best,

Alpár

Hey @alpár 

I was just wondering if your switching issue has been sorted since your post? :slight_smile:

Happy to try and help further if not! 

hi @Nataly 

Thanks a lot for getting in touch. In the meantime, I have submitted a complaint form, since there was no other way to contact them (since I don’t have access to the Wattbot chat option). Then a couple of days later they have replied that seemingly my old supplier was blocking the switch for some reason.

Then, I have requested again the switch yesterday (and I approved it and received welcome pack, etc. again), hoping that I call my old supplier to tell them to please allow the switch. Then, today again I see when I log into my web platform that it seems to be the old problem, I don’t have access to the Wattbot and the “get a quote” option appears. 

It is quite annoying, honestly, I don’t have access to a proper customer service. I would be happy with the Wattbot chat, if that would work properly. And I didn’t receive any e-mails about the fact that the switch couldn’t go through or that there have been some issues.

I would really like to support such seemingly nice initiations, as pureplanet, but in the lack of proper customer support, I am afraid that they won’t give me any choice, but to go back to some bigger companies that I can properly call/contact if I have an issue…

Any help or comments at this point would be appreciated.

Best,

Alpár

Hey @alpár 

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that!  Did you say you’d received a reply to your email? If so, you can continue replying directly to that email to discuss this with our Member Services team. :thumbsup:

They’ll be able to look into this further, and check why you didn’t receive a notification about your switch being rejected, too. 

hi @Nataly 

indeed, hopefully I can get this sorted out with them. Just it takes ages until they reply. I replied right away when I have received the reply, and now I’m waiting again for those 2 working days pass by, until hopefully I get a reply. Like the great old days, when letters were being sent using pigeons…

And this part is quite annoying.

Best,

Alpár