Solved

Switching from Scottish Power

• 27 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi there! Im trying to switch from Scottish Power to Pure Planet. I have comfort plus white meter. SP told me that I might have problem with entering meter readings as I have 3 readings just now. Can someone please advice me how do I go about this? Thank you very much. Denisa
icon

Best answer by Mavis1 27 September 2018, 22:07

Hi denisa

Yes these historic white meter things can be a nightmare. I may be wrong but i dont think anyone will accept a switch with them.if i was you i would contact scottish power and tell them you want to change a single rate tariff. They will have to change the meter,once done then you can switch.
Like i say another member may correct me.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi ian whats the problem with your switch? Were here to help
View original

6 replies

Hi Denisa, don’t expect Pure Planet to help you because they won’t. I’m on a standard tariff with SSE and been waiting for my switch since 31/08/19. This company is a shambles, no matter how you try you can’t contact them. I’ll be contacting OFGEM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi denisa

Yes these historic white meter things can be a nightmare. I may be wrong but i dont think anyone will accept a switch with them.if i was you i would contact scottish power and tell them you want to change a single rate tariff. They will have to change the meter,once done then you can switch.
Like i say another member may correct me.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi ian whats the problem with your switch? Were here to help
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Ian
I've replied to your other post
HERE, (and I've found PP to be very helpful as have many others)
Also, there's link
HERE to contact Ofgem, but may I point out that it's aimed at complaints relating to your supplier and it isn't clear if PP are your supplier or what's happened.

Ian1;12235:
Hi Denisa, don’t expect Pure Planet to help you because they won’t. I’m on a standard tariff with SSE and been waiting for my switch since 31/08/19. This company is a shambles, no matter how you try you can’t contact them. I’ll be contacting OFGEM.

- - - Updated - - -

hi Denisa
I'm prepared to be corrected here if I'm wrong, but I think you'll need to contact SP and ask them to convert you to either economy 7 or single rate before you join PP. (late edit as jon also said)
It will simplify your switch and PP charge the same rate for all the units you use, be they at day or night the rate is the same, but as far as I know they can't easily support the tariff you're on with 3 readings.

I suppose (apart from the happy bunny renewable energy aspect), whether it's worth switching depends on what proportion of your use the 3rd reading is (is it night storage heating?) and how much the SP unit price is for those units.

Denisa;12234:
Hi there! Im trying to switch from Scottish Power to Pure Planet. I have comfort plus white meter. SP told me that I might have problem with entering meter readings as I have 3 readings just now. Can someone please advice me how do I go about this? Thank you very much. Denisa

also @Marc
Ian1;12235:

Hi @Ian1
I've posted a reply to your other post over here
Thank you for you advice! Its deffinitely worth switching. I feel Im paying way too much compare to what other companies including PP offering. Plus I like they do use renewable sources. So I guess I need to cancel my switch to PP for now and get SP to change the meter which I heard might be a trouble. But its definitely worth the fight!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Denisa
I thought so (that it would be worth switching). When you try to get the meter sorted make sure you don't sign up to any tariff which has a penalty for leaving, unless the prices are so much lower that the penalty becomes insignificant (almost never the case)
See you soon then....
Denisa;12259:
Thank you for you advice! Its definitely worth switching. I feel Im paying way too much compare to what other companies including PP offering. Plus I like they do use renewable sources. So I guess I need to cancel my switch to PP for now and get SP to change the meter which I heard might be a trouble. But its definitely worth the fight!