Solved

Switching from Pure...

• 28 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all.

I have recently switched from Pure to another supplier. My Pure experience had been fine but they put the prices up and I found a much cheaper deal elsewhere.

Throughout the switch process my new supplier has been informative and helpful but I have had zero communication from Pure. I assumed I’d be asked to enter a final meter reading, but no. And, now that the switch has happened, most of my details – usage, past bills – have vanished from the website and app.

With the absence of any communication, and the fact that my account was in credit for more than my typical monthly usage, I cancelled my direct debit. It was due to come out after the switch anyway.

Now, of course, I have received an email from Pure asking me to reinstate the direct debit.

I reckon the credit will cover any outstanding balance but am more than happy to pay the difference if not. What I don’t want to do is have a DD for £100+ come out after I have moved supplier and then have to sort out a refund.

Anyone had any experience of this or can offer any thoughts? I have tried the help bot but, as you can guess, it has not been much help.

Ta.

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 28 October 2020, 18:24

Hi 
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

Because a switch normally takes 6 weeks to complete sometimes you end up paying 1 DD to PP and 1 DD to your new supplier. (But,.you are not paying for the same energy twice.)

Once the switch has completed, PP will issue your final bill if you are in credit, , they will refund you. (Or if you owe them, they'll take a final payment)

The refund is credited by DD ,so if you cancel your DD it will take longer to get your refund.
https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-suppliers-what-happens-when-you-switch-10298

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi 
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

Because a switch normally takes 6 weeks to complete sometimes you end up paying 1 DD to PP and 1 DD to your new supplier. (But,.you are not paying for the same energy twice.)

Once the switch has completed, PP will issue your final bill if you are in credit, , they will refund you. (Or if you owe them, they'll take a final payment)

The refund is credited by DD ,so if you cancel your DD it will take longer to get your refund.
https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-suppliers-what-happens-when-you-switch-10298

Userlevel 1

Thanks Angela.

I realised I was chatting to fellow customers here but, hey, I wasn’t getting any answers from Pure so this has been most helpful. I appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No problem at all. Here to help 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @meandmybigmouth 

Just to add, and I'm willing to be told I'm wrong, but I don't think any supplier asks for a final meter reading when you leave (because your new supplier asks for that reading, which is then subject to the six-week industry-wide process).

And a few people have posted here who are irritated that they lose access to their account information when they switch - I think Pure Planet work on the basis that they have sent it to you every month, so if you wanted it you would probably have kept it (and is probably still on your email server unless you have tried really hard to delete it).

But you've been given the advice you needed by Angelabikerbabe, so I'll shut up!

Userlevel 1

Thanks, Stephen. That is helpful too.

They only really need to add something somewhere on the site, or have a more helpful bot, to explain some of this and it would save a bit of hassle.

And when a company is so keen for you to use their app rather than web or email, then wiping the data, and doing so immediately, seems a bit rushed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks, Stephen. That is helpful too.

They only really need to add something somewhere on the site, or have a more helpful bot, to explain some of this and it would save a bit of hassle.

And when a company is so keen for you to use their app rather than web or email, then wiping the data, and doing so immediately, seems a bit rushed.

@meandmybigmouth it’s in progress...already been raised a number of times.