Solved

Switching

• 20 May 2018
  • 9 replies

I have recently switched to PurePlanet. My understanding is that they would do everything in regards to the switch. It would appear the electric has transferred but not the gas according to the old supplier yet I am being charged for dual fuel from both. I.e. direct debit being taken by both companies ( I know there is a double charge the first month but this is subsequent) I have tried to use Whatbot to find an answer a couple of time and it says it will get the team to help but I do not hear anything. Can anyone help?
icon

Best answer by Timco 20 May 2018, 20:07

I had the same experience with the gas, took a week longer to swap, but all good now
Tim
View original

9 replies

Boygirl44;6693:
I received a reply a few minutes ago!

That's good to hear. I didn't do that BTW, pure coincidence!
The team will answer a message within a working day. So, within 24 hours unless the message is sent late on a Friday or over the weekend.
Anyway glad to hear they're on it πŸ˜€
I received a reply a few minutes ago!
Boygirl44;6687:
Folks - I sent a request for an update on the switch for the third time as suggested above. No response again as yet.

When did you message the team @Boygirl44 ?
Folks - I sent a request for an update on the switch for the third time as suggested above. No response again as yet. Is there any other way of chasing this up ( in the meantime I am going to pay two suppliers again this week)
Boygirl44;6617:
Thanks all - I have tried messaging the team twice now but have not received any response. I will try again as maybe the messages did not get through.

Good stuff @Boygirl44 πŸ‘Œ
If you have any other questions about anything else, the community is a great place to start.
Members are really helpful - as you can see from this thread!
Thanks all - I have tried messaging the team twice now but have not received any response. I will try again as maybe the messages did not get through.
Boygirl44;6603:
I have recently switched to PurePlanet. My understanding is that they would do everything in regards to the switch. It would appear the electric has transferred but not the gas according to the old supplier yet I am being charged for dual fuel from both. I.e. direct debit being taken by both companies ( I know there is a double charge the first month but this is subsequent) I have tried to use Whatbot to find an answer a couple of time and it says it will get the team to help but I do not hear anything. Can anyone help?

Hi @Boygirl44
Thanks for posting. @Jon1 and @Timco are right (thanks for jumping in guys! πŸ™ ) - gas often takes longer to switch than electricity. Here's a thread about what happens between suppliers during the switch.
As it's account-specific WattBot won't know. So I think you should contact our members services team - they can look at your account and see what is holding things up.
To contact them, open WattBot and type the words 'message the team'. They will respond when they can. It’s not a live-chat service but someone will get back to you within one working day.
I had the same experience with the gas, took a week longer to swap, but all good now
Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
For some out of date reason that noone can explain switching gas takes upto a week longer than electric. Your old company will keep charging you unless you ask them to stop until your final bill is ready. So if elec changed over less than a week ago then i would not worry just yet. Hope this helps.