Solved

Switched to pure planet but its been using credit from a utilita top up

• 22 November 2018
  • 10 replies

Hi. I switched to pure planet dirext debit payments on the 8th from utilita pre payment. Since then elextric appears to be working correctly but the gas is still using credit and when this credit ran out i had to enable emergency credit. Im ginna run out if emergency credit and have no gas supply when i have small children in the house. I tried contacting utilita but they say its my current suppliers issue. I cant top up with utilita so the supply is gonna stop.

The gas with pure planet is monthly bill which they have already taken. I contacted them but no response and this is an emergency. I am looking at complaint optiins through citizens advice and ombudsman

Please help asap we are desperate

Anthony
icon

Best answer by Marc 4 August 2020, 15:33

Hi @kkoala 

Welcome to the community!

Alexa from our Member services team has picked it up. Don’t worry, she’ll sort it for you. (I suspect we’ll need your previous supplier to change it to a credit meter) :thumbsup:

Thanks for flagging this @stephenrand 

View original

10 replies

Hey @Kazagamez
Don't worry, I'm flagging this up with our Member services team.
They'll sort it for you. 🆙
How much have you got left to use up?
Marc;17429:
Hey @Kazagamez
Don't worry, I'm flagging this up with our Member services team.
They'll sort it for you. 🆙
How much have you got left to use up?

Ty. I think a couple of days. The han symbol is flashing on the gas meter so i assume its not connected which could be the reason the change was not implemented on the meter
Userlevel 1

I got the same issue. At the minute I'm on emergency gas credit and if I run out I won't have the gas in my household. I got small kids below 2 years old. I cannot let this happen. I already raised the ticket through emergency but still no reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi kkoala

I can understand this is worrying. Did you contact Pure Planet via the link on the Emergency page on the app? I'm sure one of the team @Marc will be on to it.

Stephen

PS I don't work for Pure Planet, but you should get a reply from them very soon

Hi @kkoala 

Welcome to the community!

Alexa from our Member services team has picked it up. Don’t worry, she’ll sort it for you. (I suspect we’ll need your previous supplier to change it to a credit meter) :thumbsup:

Thanks for flagging this @stephenrand 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Marc or @Nataly @

I’m curious, how did this slip through the net? The systems at PP should have detected that the meters were Prepay. Also shouldn’t the customer(s) have been alerted by someone (not necessarily PP?) before it became more serious. 

I must admit I’m unimpressed (by what has happened here, not with PP) because this sort of failure is likely to hit the more vulnerable (financially or otherwise) as they are more likely to have a Prepay meter. Does anything need to change at PP’s end or was this just a glitch?

What is supposed to happen?

Hey @woz 

We’re not impressed either!

What we’re talking about here are SMETS1 smart meters in pre-pay. (Standard pre-pay meters are always rejected by us at the moment.)

What the previous suppler is supposed to do is change the SMETS1 from pre-pay to credit mode. Which they can do remotely as it’s smart. Most of them do. Alas some don’t, as in this example.

And of course, as the new supplier, there’s nothing we can do until the new Member is on supply, at which stage all hell breaks loose! Most of the time the old supplier will realise they’ve forgottent to change it to credit, and they’ll do it pretty quickly.

Believe it or not, sometimes they’ll refuse. Or say they have (when we know they haven’t). And so we go and fit a new meter. 

Userlevel 1

It's all sorted. My previous supplier has changed now the second meter into credit mode. 

It's all sorted. My previous supplier has changed now the second meter into credit mode. 

Excellent news!

:relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @woz 

We’re not impressed either!

What we’re talking about here are SMETS1 smart meters in pre-pay. (Standard pre-pay meters are always rejected by us at the moment.)

What the previous suppler is supposed to do is change the SMETS1 from pre-pay to credit mode. Which they can do remotely as it’s smart. Most of them do. Alas some don’t, as in this example.

And of course, as the new supplier, there’s nothing we can do until the new Member is on supply, at which stage all hell breaks loose! Most of the time the old supplier will realise they’ve forgottent to change it to credit, and they’ll do it pretty quickly.

Believe it or not, sometimes they’ll refuse. Or say they have (when we know they haven’t). And so we go and fit a new meter. 

I would think Ofgem will take a pretty dim view of that sort of failure of obligation. If it wasn’t for all the aggro/hassle which probably puts most people off complaining, people should complain, not for any financial gain, but to change the long term behaviour of the companies that fail to treat their customers properly.