Solved

Switched stopped due to national database problem. Can switch be re-started?

• 29 August 2019
  • 3 replies

I was trying to switch but there was a problem with the meter type on the national data base. I've now spoken to my current supplier and it's being sorted. I just wanted to see if the switch can be re started but can't find any way to talk to some one for help. Could be just as well the switch failed to go through if I can't even get this sorted before the account is even live.
icon

Best answer by stephenrand 29 August 2019, 18:38

Hi Tony
First thing may be to point out that Pure Planet is a digital-only communication supplier, no call centres. So if being able to speak to someone on the phone is important to you, then you may need to consider whether you really want to switch to Pure Planet. (I hated hanging on forever to speak to someone who often was unable to help, so I prefer PP, but that's me!)

When you switch you receive a welcome pack by email - if you haven't had that, then your switch probably hasn't started. If you do decide to join Pure Planet, try starting the switch again...
Hope that helps
Stephen
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Tony
First thing may be to point out that Pure Planet is a digital-only communication supplier, no call centres. So if being able to speak to someone on the phone is important to you, then you may need to consider whether you really want to switch to Pure Planet. (I hated hanging on forever to speak to someone who often was unable to help, so I prefer PP, but that's me!)

When you switch you receive a welcome pack by email - if you haven't had that, then your switch probably hasn't started. If you do decide to join Pure Planet, try starting the switch again...
Hope that helps
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello tony.
Once the meter issue has been sorted out then simply use the app or webpage to start the switch again. Whatever the issue is/was sadly it can only be sorted by your current supplier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Tony
If pp can’t reconcile your meter details with the address the switch will be stopped or delayed, It’s as much to protect you as stopping erroneous switches of others.
Unfortunately the meter database is sometimes wrong or slow to update after a meter change. Otherwise advice as other posts.
Tony A;36412:
I was trying to switch but there was a problem with the meter type on the national data base. I've now spoken to my current supplier and it's being sorted. I just wanted to see if the switch can be re started but can't find any way to talk to some one for help. Could be just as well the switch failed to go through if I can't even get this sorted before the account is even live.