Switched energy

• 30 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Hi could someone help I have just switched to pure planet but the payments are coming out more than my previous supplier, even though pure planet are cheaper, is there anywhere I could input my annual useahe to bring the direct debit down?

6 replies

Hi @Michaeldrspock and welcome to the community!

When did you join up with Pure Planet? Have you submitted meter readings too so far?
Toby;756:
Hi @Michaeldrspock and welcome to the community!

When did you join up with Pure Planet? Have you submitted meter readings too so far?

Hi Toby have have only just switched and pure planet will be taking over the supply on the 13.11.17 so no reading as yet but all other companies ask for your previous usage
Hi @Michaeldrspock,
Ok then, in that case, do not worry. We will be asking you a meter reading around 5 days before you come onto our supply. We will then use this to review what you're being charged to ensure it is as accurate as it can be for what you use 🙂. This is essentially us asking for you previous usage. Hope that helps! Any other questions?
Toby;758:
Hi @Michaeldrspock,
Ok then, in that case, do not worry. We will be asking you a meter reading around 5 days before you come onto our supply. We will then use this to review what you're being charged to ensure it is as accurate as it can be for what you use 🙂. This is essentially us asking for you previous usage. Hope that helps! Any other questions?

Personally I think that will put people off because there payments are more, if you had the option to add annual usage that would help
Hi @Michaeldrspock, thanks for the feedback, really helpful to hear about how you see it from your side. When you get your email asking to submit your meter readings in the app, make sure you do so that we have your exact usage.

Also, I'll soon be posting a discussion in the community asking for members' views on how we should best take Direct Debit payments. Keep a look out for that, but I'll also try to let you know in advance.
@Michaeldrspock. This might be to do with the fact they take a higher payment in winter months (Oct - March) and then a lower payment in warmer months (Apr - Sept). Being in the colder period now means your payments may look higher than you expected. You can see the split in My Account / Your Payment Plan.