Question

Switch verification email link not working!!

Just switched via MSE and received an email with a link to finalise and set up account. But link isn't working.

Can someone  from pure planet contact me so I can finalise and confirm the switch 

34 replies

Hey @Moonwolf 

It’d be really helpful if you could let us know a bit more about what the issue is and/ or what you’re seeing when you try and click the link? In what way is it not working?

Just to let you know the Community is a public forum where our Members can chat with each other and offer help and advice - to get in touch with our Member Services team about this you can select ‘get help and support’ > ‘ask a question’ in your account. :thumbsup:

"Email to finish energy switch"... Says, to "click a link to finalise your a count set up" 

Click on finalise account set up get error

"sorry your login didn't work". See attached photo

I have already  asked a question in my account  via wattbott.. But says up to 3 days to reply and as the MSE switch deal ends tomorrow  I want to be sure it has gone through. 

Error with email link and lack of customer service number for support isn't a good start 😏

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

"Email to finish energy switch"... Says, to "click a link to finalise your a count set up" 

Click on finalise account set up get error

"sorry your login didn't work". See attached photo

I have already  asked a question in my account  via wattbott.. But says up to 3 days to reply and as the MSE switch deal ends tomorrow  I want to be sure it has gone through. 

Error with email link and lack of customer service number for support isn't a good start 😏

hi @Moonwolf 

Are you using a vpn or any adblocking software?

is the address the finalisation email went to identical to what was used at mse and exactly what you think it should be?

Can you try the link in a different browser?

I’ve copied @Nataly in here as this might be time sensitive, if the above doesn’t throw any light on this I suggest it might be best for @Nataly to check with the team that the account is properly linked to your email.

@Moonwolf Are you clicking on the link through Outlook? If so copy the link and open in chrome.

Outlook installed it’s own default browser which is a pile of horse manure. In outlook settings enable “Use Default Browser”.

Im using gmail. I did copy link and past in browser but same thing 😒

is the address the finalisation email went to identical to what was used at mse and exactly what you think it should be?

Hey @Moonwolf - this is some really good advice from @woz, especially if you use gmail! It’s important to make sure it’s the same - e.g. not swapping between “gmail” or “googlemail”. Hope that makes sense. 

@drummerbod welcome to the Community! Thanks for jumping in to help :relaxed:  I wasn’t aware of this issue on Outlook - does that mean you can’t log in when clicking the link from directly within Outlook? Interesting… 

I applied to switch to Pure Planet via MSE and received an email from no-reply@purepla.net to verify that I wanted to switch.  It said:

Welcome to Pure Planet! Thanks for choosing renewable, clean energy.

We need you to click here or the button below to finalise your account set up.

I clicked the button and the link from different browsers several times but always got a “Sorry, your log in didn't work” message.  And there’s no-one to reply to.

Can anyone help?

Hi yes the  finalisation email came to an email address and the same as my MSE account..Which  incidentally says "you currently have a switch in progress 

Not sure what you mean by "It’s important to make sure it’s the same - e.g. not swapping between “gmail” or “googlemail”.

Not using any vpn. 

@Nataly could you please check that the account is properly linked to my email. 

I am concerned with how time sensitive this is. 

Thankss

Now I’ve just had 2 more asking me to “Urgently” finish the switch.  This time there is a link that leads me to a page asking me to get a quote, when I already applied to switch based on an advertised fixed tarrif.

I have no idea how to proceed with this.

Hi @Moonwolf 

Don’t worry - your quote with MSE is recorded against your account :thumbsup:

I’ve passed this on to our Tech team to investigate further. 

In the meantime - could you let me know what device and browser you’re using? 

It’s worth deleting all previously received verification emails, then trying to log in to your account. Head to your email inbox directly and be sure to click the most recent verification email from us. 

Let us know how you get on! 

Hey @guy500 

Just to let you know I’ve merged your post into another thread that seems to be about the same issue - I’ve also flagged your case with our Tech team to investigate. 

In the meantime, the advice in the replies above may help - let us know :slight_smile:

Hi @Moonwolf 

It’s worth deleting all previously received verification emails, then trying to log in to your account. Head to your email inbox directly and be sure to click the most recent verification email from us. 

​​​@Nataly  good to hear my quote with MSE is recorded against my account. 

I'm using a Huawei p20 pro.. Ecosia browser I think but I did copy and I paste the link into Google with no success. 

I now have no verification emails from pure planet. 

Can another be sent to me please. 

I'm afraid I'm. Not functioning very well as my father passed away a couple of days ago. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Moonwolf 

​​​@Nataly  good to hear my quote with MSE is recorded against my account. 

I'm using a Huawei p20 pro.. Ecosia browser I think but I did copy and I paste the link into Google with no success. 

I now have no verification emails from pure planet. 

Can another be sent to me please. 

I'm afraid I'm. Not functioning very well as my father passed away a couple of days ago. 

@Moonwolf I’m really sorry to hear about your dad.

by exactly the same email I meant for example a variation like yourname@googlemail vs yourname@gmail or yourname@gmail.com vs yourDOTname@gmail.com all of which might reach you but look different to someone else.

Have you checked all_mail and spam and promotions?

Hi @Moonwolf @guy500 

Have you been able to complete your switch OK since your posts? 

The Tech team looked into this and have let me know the best steps to take are:

• delete all previous verification emails
  • head to purepla.net on your internet browser. Select ‘log out’, and then log back in
  • enter your email address - this’ll trigger a new verification email
  • click the link in the login email - you should then be able to complete the switch

They did check for any tech issues that may have been causing difficulties but couldn’t see any, and could see you’ve been able to log in OK, so they think the above steps will work best :thumbsup:

@Moonwolf I’m also really sorry to hear about your father, I’m sure that must be really difficult. 

Fingers crossed we can at the very least help with getting your switch sorted :slight_smile:

I tried this, and was able to log back in, but there was no mention of the switch I had initiated.

In fact, I saw a message inviting me to switch back to Pure Planet (I had been a customer previously).

Can you please confirm the following to me?:

- Has my switch request via MSE been received and accepted?

- How can I access information about the status of this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@guy500 

In afraid the community cannot answer your questions about the switch, we do not have access to any account information.

If you can log into your account, go to Wattbot ( ask a question ) and ask there, persist through the not replies until your message is sent to the team. Replies within 3 working days

In fact, I saw a message inviting me to switch back to Pure Planet (I had been a customer previously).

I believe if you follow this, it’ll link up to your MSM quote and allow you to continue with the switch:slight_smile:

Thanks - but would doing it this way interfere with the cashback that was part of the MSE switch?

Hey @guy500 

It shouldn’t do - your MSE quote and incentives are linked to your account and the switch :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Nataly 

hi Nataly

this seems to be cropping up quite a lot, is there a systemic issue? Can you do some digging for us stalwarts?

@Nataly  unfortunately, it doesn’t work - it asks me to request a new quote.

Hi @woz 

Absolutely, I asked our Tech team to investigate this. 

They’ve let me know we have large volumes of Members switching from various PCWs including MSM/MSE with no issues - and in the cases on this thread, they can’t find a technical issue from our end. So I think it may be a case of it seeming like large numbers for us here in the Community, because we tend to see the posts where there’s an issue even though the vast majority are flowing through no problem. 

Of course it’s still frustrating for those Members where it doesn’t go as smoothly - that’s why they’ve advised to follow the advice in my post above :slight_smile:

In @guy500’s case the request to get a new quote is understandably confusing - we’re looking at changing this language in our next app/web update to make it clearer that following this step would be to complete the switch, not override the MSE quote. 

Hope that helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Nataly

thanks for checking.

It’s equally frustrating for the regulars because there’s no obvious reason. I think over the fullness of time something common will come to light, but as you say get a new quote. Of course that in itself is problematical when the tariff has just changed, as the new quote would be different (could be higher or lower) so I think more clarity and certainty for the customer  is needed with the advice given as to what would happen in those circumstances. 

Hi @Moonwolf @guy500 

Have you been able to complete your switch OK since your posts? 

The Tech team looked into this and have let me know the best steps to take are:

• delete all previous verification emails
  • head to purepla.net on your internet browser. Select ‘log out’, and then log back in
  • enter your email address - this’ll trigger a new verification email
  • click the link in the login email - you should then be able to complete the switch

They did check for any tech issues that may have been causing difficulties but couldn’t see any, and could see you’ve been able to log in OK, so they think the above steps will work best :thumbsup:

@Moonwolf I’m also really sorry to hear about your father, I’m sure that must be really difficult. 

Fingers crossed we can at the very least help with getting your switch sorted :slight_smile:

@Nataly ..i followed your instructions above. But when I try to log in by browser purepla.net is does not accept my email address.

However.. I have  as you know received emails from PP previously.

I would appreciate if you could look into this further