Solved

switch reference number

I need the switch reference number because I joined via a cashback site and they are requesting this 

Checked all my emails supplied from PurePlanet and can't see anything.

I have just switched from Bulb energy so I need this reference number asap..within 7days or I will lose a lot of money.

Please can someone help ..

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 4 May 2021, 16:15

OK, see if PP can tell you what to do...

In the app use the ☰ menu to Get help and support then Ask a Question. Now tell the Wattbot machine your situation. It likely won’t understand, so type Message the team to get the attention of a real human.

They should reply in a few days.

View original

17 replies

Hi @TallFerret, PP doesn’t have account numbers, they use email addresses. I wonder if that would be what you need? 

Well Quidco are asking for the switch reference number from the new supplier ?

OK, see if PP can tell you what to do...

In the app use the ☰ menu to Get help and support then Ask a Question. Now tell the Wattbot machine your situation. It likely won’t understand, so type Message the team to get the attention of a real human.

They should reply in a few days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@TallFerret PP don’t have account numbers that is true, but that’s not to say that they don’t have a switch number reference. My guess is that if they are an active participant in the quidco scheme there must be a tracking number, or it can’t work, but you’ll need to find someone at PP who can tell you whether they participate and what it is. (It isn’t and won’t be your/an account number and I think it unlikely to be your email address because people don’t always use the same address for everything (I’m speculating)

You have a cooling off period of 14 days…after you have confirmed/validated the switch through an email from PP (If you don’t validate you won’t switch)

@Marc or @Nataly can you look into this and tell us if PP do participate and is there a reference number?

https://purepla.net/refer-friends

if all else fails...£50 rewards each

All has been validated and think gone past cooling period 

PurePlanet have taken my first direct debit payment.

All I am trying to find is this damn switch reference number but so far without any success lol....

Also sent emails on here to PP but no response as yet…

See what happens rest of this week.

See if I get any sort of response from PP

Can @Marc or @Nataly help me please.

Quidco sent me a response this morning and stated that the retailer ie : yourselves PurePlanet will have the switch reference number 

They also said you should of sent in an email with the number because that's what normally happens they said but I have checked and you haven't sent 

I really need this reference number please help..

Hey @TallFerret 

Welcome to the community! And thanks for posting.

The reply from @25 quid is spot on - our Member services team can sort this out for you. Us community managers don’t have access to Members’ accounts. 

The best and fastest way to conact the team is via WattBot as per the reply from @25 quid 

Don’t panic! I’m sure they’ll be able to look after this for you. 

Still no response sent messages to wot bot and also did the menu thing that someone mentioned but still no response.

Replied to Quidco told them I am having problems getting the reference number off PP because can't talk to anyone. Just hope I get a response by Monday otherwise lost money probably wouldn't of swapped from Bulb because they where very good customer service and easy to get hold of even tho very slight higher cost. But mainly I swapped because of slightly lower cost and the cashback.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Still no response sent messages to wot bot and also did the menu thing that someone mentioned but still no response.

Replied to Quidco told them I am having problems getting the reference number off PP because can't talk to anyone. Just hope I get a response by Monday otherwise lost money probably wouldn't of swapped from Bulb because they where very good customer service and easy to get hold of even tho very slight higher cost. But mainly I swapped because of slightly lower cost and the cashback.

If you prefixed wattBot with “Message the Team” and then your questions then it takes 2/3 days for a response back with the bot...will/should receive at text advising an account handler has responded back where you posted. 

Hi @TallFerret 

Don’t panic! If you’ve sent a message to the team they will reply. It’s not a live-chat. As @25 quid says it’s two working days. :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have learned not to rely on any cashback deals from the likes of Quidco, there are too many conditions to disqualify you from any payment, one of these is if you have previously searched for services/ utilities etc by using comparison sites

Use Private/Incognio browser windows when doing this sort of research to avoid the tracking… Certainly never press that agree button when you go to Google in a normal browser window!

Don’t agree to this in your normal browser

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Use Private/Incognio browser windows when doing this sort of research to avoid the tracking… Certainly never press that agree button when you go to Google in a normal browser window!

Don’t agree to this in your normal browser

I've never seen that when using Google search, I only use a phone/tablet, is that why,?

Nope. You did it once and now they own you! 🤣😂

You could visit Settings → Safari → Search Engine → and select something other than Google (e.g. the green hugging Ecosia). Further down that page you could take the draconian step and Clear History and Website Data!

Or just embrace the fact that Google are lovely and they Do No Evil! 🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I've just checked my settings, do not track is set to on.  Hopefully that's why, I seem to have veered off the original thread title, sorry about that

Er, no @Duppy — that’s not why you don’t see that message from Google… 😉