Solved

switch on or off conflicting emails from pp

• 10 July 2020
  • 9 replies

I have had an email from pp saying my current supplier has blocked the switch and pp was cancelling my switch as a result. I then get another email from pp saying its all going fine and that I will receive an email shortly to ask for meter readings, that email has never arrived. I need to know what’s happening.

Thanks

John

icon

Best answer by Nataly 10 July 2020, 13:31

Hi John and welcome to the Community! @ja_stevenson 

Thanks for the feedback, we’re aware of the confusion this can cause - we’ve worked on a fix to prevent this from happening in future, which we’re planning to put in place next week:thumbsup:

What causes this is when we receive an objection from your supplier for one fuel, it can take about 2 days for the other fuel’s status to update in the industry. 

If you’ve received an email to let you know about an objection, definitely follow the advice in that email! Your switch will have been stopped. It’s best to get in touch with your current supplier to resolve the objection, you can then restart your switch to Pure Planet. 

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
There are no call centres with PP, it is an app-based company.
you're talking to other customers on this forum. 
You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.
if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, 
Then you need to type in 'message the team' .
It will then offer you a few options of faq, if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',
Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team. Anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.'
You can then type in your message (and any photos), then send it
Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will

Thanks for the feedback, we’re aware of the confusion this can cause - we’ve worked on a fix to prevent this from happening in future, which we’re planning to put in place next week:thumbsup:

What causes this is when we receive an objection from your supplier for one fuel, it can take about 2 days for the other fuel’s status to update in the industry. 

If you’ve received an email to let you know about an objection, definitely follow the advice in that email! Your switch will have been stopped. It’s best to get in touch with your current supplier to resolve the objection, you can then restart your switch to Pure Planet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Nataly 

There seems to be conflicting wisdom on this point. In other words I’m confused:mrs_claus_tone5: …. (more so than usual!)

Please can you clarify under what circumstances (if any), where someone has had their switch blocked, the resumption of the switch will be automatic if the reasons for the block are addressed, such that the switcher need do nothing other than address the block with the outgoing supplier.

I think this is part of the confusion here?

P.S.
I also suffer from emoji confusion:dancer_tone3:

Hi @Nataly 

There seems to be conflicting wisdom on this point. In other words I’m confused:mrs_claus_tone5: …. (more so than usual!)

Please can you clarify ***under what circumstances (if any), where someone has had their switch blocked, the resumption of the switch will be automatic if the reasons for the block are addressed, such that the switcher need do nothing other than address the block with the outgoing supplier.***

I think this is part of the confusion here?

P.S.
I also suffer from emoji confusion:dancer_tone3:

@woz, from my extensive Q&A (and whinge!) series of posts, the answer to your question (which I have put *** at either end). is “Never”. At least that was the party line I was fed by various reps of PP. If PP send you an email saying your switch was blocked, that same email tells you the switch has been cancelled. You need to re-apply for a quote to re-start the switch. There is no such thing as a “paused” switch. (That’s the PP party line, not my opinion).

HOWEVER, the original switch details seem to stay on the PP system, so if you do re-start the switch by applying for another quote, you will (should!) still get any cashback or credit offers that were part of the switch when you first applied for it.

Hey @woz 

Spot on reply from @Dunroving - in the case of the previous/current supplier objecting, the switch will always be stopped. That gives the Member a chance to sort out any issues that caused the objection :thumbsup:

Of course, an objection isn’t controlled by the Member, which is why we’d still honour the credit offer related to the original switch in that case :slight_smile:

We’ve also edited the ‘11 things to know when you switch’ post to make sure the language used correctly reflects that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @woz 

Spot on reply from @Dunroving - in the case of the previous/current supplier objecting, the switch will always be stopped. That gives the Member a chance to sort out any issues that caused the objection :thumbsup:

Of course, an objection isn’t controlled by the Member, which is why we’d still honour the credit offer related to the original switch in that case :slight_smile:

We’ve also edited the ‘11 things to know when you switch’ post to make sure the language used correctly reflects that!

In which case may I make a suggestion?

If you look here and here

Both of those locations should be updated, the first with a pane “What happens if my switch is blocked?”

As things stand I think it’s just too difficult for new customers.

The second with a link to the first.

If you think this has legs pop it into the ideas section, if not feel free to ignore.

Given that switch blocking is a major cause of frustration to new customers, there is a good case for a very cllear “what to do...” , “what happens if…” in more than one place in the faq’s. 

Hey @woz 

In which case may I make a suggestion?

If you look here and here

Both of those locations should be updated, the first with a pane “What happens if my switch is blocked?”

As things stand I think it’s just too difficult for new customers.

The second with a link to the first.

If you think this has legs pop it into the ideas section, if not feel free to ignore.

Given that switch blocking is a major cause of frustration to new customers, there is a good case for a very cllear “what to do...” , “what happens if…” in more than one place in the faq’s. 

Maybe I just remember because I am a recent switcher, but I think when you’ve been through the wringer and come out the other side, and it’s weeks, or months, or years later, it’s easy to miss the confusion of the “new user experience” (a bit like teaching somebody to ride a bike - you don’t remember how you did it and can’t understand why somebody else finds it so hard to learn)

If you look at your second linked page, if I were a new user, I’d be looking here to see what happens if my switch is blocked - but I searched the page for the word “block” and it isn’t in there … 

Hey @woz 

Interesting suggestions - how about, for now, including a “what to do if your switch is blocked” subsection within the Joining PP and Joining PP from a PCW FAQs - that way, it also means if someone searches ‘blocked’ the FAQs will show in results @Dunroving :slight_smile:

On the previous Community platform we did have an FAQ specifically about this but found that it wasn’t viewed often - the email sent when a supply is blocked states “Your current energy supplier is blocking your switch to us… we recommend you contact them as soon as possible to find out what’s going on. For now, we’ve cancelled your switch to Pure Planet… Once you’ve resolved the problem with your current supplier, please come back and switch to us again...”. 

Since the email is quite comprehensive I’m not sure there’s as much demand for an FAQ in the Community specifically about this situation.

Of course if it seems like its own FAQ is needed, we can do that! 

What d’ya reckon? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi nat

I can’t really see a downside.  as long as there is absolutely no ambiguity and clear instruction and information in the faq.(including we will still honour etc. as this is one of the things which upsets potential switchers)

I’m bemused by all of this, if it was so clear in the first place then we wouldn’t be here, but on the other hand it doesn’t follow that because we are here it must be unclear.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc, (for those that listen to the Archers)