Solved

Switch offer

• 24 October 2019
  • 15 replies

I tried to do the moneysavingexpert offer today.
I get email saying I havn't completed my switch... With a link. But the link doesn't offer my to complete my switch.... Only offers a quote which isn't correct...
Any advice... The offer closes tomorrow
icon

Best answer by Nataly 25 October 2019, 15:04

Hey @woz

Yep you're right - if you just follow the steps to get a quote and complete your switch (using the same email), we'll still know you came from MSE/ MSM so you'll still receive the relevant incentive, don't worry πŸ‘

Hope that helps @LlW @pdc
View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi LlW
not sure what's going on with that, did the email have a finish your switch button and did you use the same email you used when you went through mse? and did you log in with that email?

https://community.purepla.net/content/276-how-switch-Pure-Planet-price-comparison-website#ckb_start
LlW;40998:
I tried to do the moneysavingexpert offer today.
I get email saying I havn't completed my switch... With a link. But the link doesn't offer my to complete my switch.... Only offers a quote which isn't correct...
Any advice... The offer closes tomorrow
Yes to all 3

Since then I rebooted my phone... Now when I click finish... I get a button saying switch.... Which then takes me to a quote I started which is not the offer

I want to delete my account and start again but can't find how to do that now

woz;41002:
hi LlW
not sure what's going on with that, did the email have a finish your switch button and did you use the same email you used when you went through mse? and did you log in with that email?

https://community.purepla.net/content/276-how-switch-Pure-Planet-price-comparison-website#ckb_start
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi llw
are you logged in?
If so log out close app/window, go to app or purepla.net and log in.
​​​​​​​What do you see?
I have same issue here as well, unable to complete the switch via either web or app links?
Hey @pdc - welcome to the Community!

Is this the email you're seeing?

​​​​​​​After completing all the steps via the PCW including your Direct Debit details?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi @Nataly
there is clearly an issue here although I'm not sure what's going on, but it's happened too many times now.
It seems like the accounts are not being correctly set up at PP's end but in the absence of any more info that's a complete guess.
Just a thought...
If customers in this situation were to complete a quote (as that seems to be the option they see) and join that way with the same email they used on mse couldn't your systems track that the original referral came from mse, and marry the two up, and PP send mse the flag so that mse could pay the incentive? It would get round this problem?
Hey @woz

Yep you're right - if you just follow the steps to get a quote and complete your switch (using the same email), we'll still know you came from MSE/ MSM so you'll still receive the relevant incentive, don't worry πŸ‘

Hope that helps @LlW @pdc
Nah I don't trust it

It's a completely different amount... More than I'm paying now

I'm just going to go elsewhere.. Plenty other offers...

The app and online functions are rubbish
Can you please delete my account
This switching business seems more frustrating than anticipated. Would be nice to speak to someone in person 😏
LlW;41077:
Nah I don't trust it

Hi LIW,

Delete which account ??
​​​​​​​
You say that you haven't completed the switch to PP......Therefore you dont have a PP account πŸ€”

If you mean your Community Forum account.......then I think that all "you" need to do is delete the App, and not use the Community Forum.

I have to say that you have been very impatient with your switching attempt......good luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Llw
just to ask, did you compare the annual cost, not the monthly cost. The monthly cost may well be more as you pay more (60%) in the colder months and less (40%) in warmer months with PP.
Did the quote you got not explain that, if not it needs fixing at mse's end
Despite that, if my extremely insensitive bat sensors are accurate I think it's it's unlikely you would be happy here, so you've probably made the right choice.
At this stage I'm unclear if you've switched or not, but if you have you need to log into your account and use the cancel option, because if you have switched and don't cancel you will switch to PP.
(I'm assuming you meant your PP energy account and not the community?) @Nataly can you check this one out please?
LlW;41077:
Nah I don't trust it

Ohhh my.. What an attitude.....!
attempt? Why is it attempt? Should be a straight forward working switch..... Get me out of here

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I compared annual

and your correct in very unhappy.. Its a mess... Want out

- - - Updated - - -

Can't even do another switch now as mse thinks I've switched

- - - Updated - - -

Have no idea where you get positive rating from....
Hi LIW,

​​​​​​​PP get positive ratings from people who actually know what they're doing tbh.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi llw
You're right, it should be straightforward, I've covered that in my replies. As I've said something seems to be askew for a few people who have gone through mse recently, but I'm sure pp will fix it if there is a problem.
You wrote that the dd amount was a completely different amount, I offered an explanation as to why that might be but I've now had another thought, I'm wondering if the annual quote from mse included their switching incentive.. which you would have got anyway had you continued...I can't see it being the case that it would affect the dd but the annual saving would show up on mse as being Β£47 more - you can select to show the cost without the incentive though. I'm off to test my theory now, I'll post back for the benefit of others reading this (I appreciate that it's a lost cause for you).
Late edit
Compared a quote on PP with quote on mse for the same energy and it came out annual cost exactly the same- despite the Β£25 incentive so that's that theory squashed (and the offer has finished.) Proof below

On that basis I have to take the comment about a completely different amount with a very large pinch of salt unless you can provide some other explanation. (either that or you had a fat finger moment?)
Did you say someone was chewing hats?

​​​​​​​
LlW;41132:
Ohhh my.. What an attitude.....!
attempt? Why is it attempt? Should be a straight forward working switch..... Get me out of here

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I compared annual

and your correct in very unhappy.. Its a mess... Want out

- - - Updated - - -

Can't even do another switch now as mse thinks I've switched

- - - Updated - - -

Have no idea where you get positive rating from....
Hey @LlW

I checked this out with our Member Services team - looks like the team have explained the switch and your payment amounts, and you're happy to go ahead with the switch? Great news!πŸ™‚

If not, just log in to your account and tap 'cancel' at any point during your 14 day cooling-off period.

We're looking into the issues you experienced when switching, thanks for all your feedback!

Good advice from @woz that MSE's annual amount will include the incentive, which is why the amounts may appear different.