Solved

Switch not progressing

• 29 December 2020
  • 12 replies

I’m thoroughly confused. On 16 December I applied to switch. I just looked back in my emails as realised I haven’t heard anything of any progress, and I see that I had an email to get another quote, which I'm not sure if I clicked through from or not at the time. I clicked through and it doesn’t show me the tariff I originally came through on.

I have also just downloaded the app. It shows me a button that says “switch” and if I click it goes to a page that says “Cally38’s switch” with a list of sections (your quote, about you etc) showing as completed, but then whatever I click the page doesn’t load so i can’t actually see anything so am still none the wiser on what the status is.

I expected to be able to speak to someone on web chat in the app, but it just gave me an option to click to “message the team” and now they will reply in three working days, which seems rather a long time. Is this representative of all PP customer service?

icon

Best answer by Marc 30 December 2020, 11:47

Thanks @cally38 

The team tell me you’ve not selected a quote.

Click edit next to the quote, and then select the quote.

[updated post as original reply was incorrect!]

Becca from our team is going to send you a new message too @cally38 

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@cally38 

So am I (confused)

You should have received an email to verify your (email and) switch, if that didn’t happen you won’t switch. Did that happen? Check your spam.

You need to pursue this because if you start again and you chose the Nov. fix it’s no longer available. I would hope that your quote still stands.

PP don’t have a call centre or a live chat facility, 3 days isn’t unusual but you will get a reply.

What happened between 17th and 24th because a large chunk of the time is xmas holidays. (emergency only)

I don’t work for PP

Thanks @woz 

I did get an email, which said that they needed more info and to get a quote now. I don't remember if I clicked through at the time. I also have downloaded the app and logged in, and in there I see a button that says “switch”.

If I click through from the email or from the app, I get taken to a page which says “Summary, cally38’s switch” but if I try to click “continue” the page doesn’t load, so I can’t seem to progress in any way...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@cally38 

Did the email have a link in it to continue your quote, if so have you tried opening that link in a browser and logging in online at Purepla.net to see if it behaves the same way?

Did you get your quote online at purepla.net or through a comparison website? (it might be relevant)

I can’t really help with this as it’s very unclear to me whether you’ve actually had a valid quote. I say that because you said it needed more info to quote you, so I‘m unclear as to what it was missing or whether you’ve had a quote and validated your switch. Only PP will be able to tell you.

Unless another community member has some idea of what’s going on here?

The best advice I can give you is to use help&support>ask a q.  in-app (not online) and send a message explaining that you’ve tried to switch but it doesn’t seem to have worked. If you haven’t had a valid quote I fear that you’ve lost the chance for the November fix, so a further delay will make no difference but only PP will be able to clarify his.

Persist through bot replies until it says your message has been passed to the team.

Hi @cally38 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.

I’ve checked this out with our Member services team. It looks like you switched via a price comparison website but didn’t confirm/verify. It also looks like the switch was then cancelled.

The team have your message and they’ll reply today to let you know what to do next. :thumbsup:

Thanks @Marc I did get a response, and they told me to do what I’d already done, but again the page isn’t loading. I replied to the message but got a response back from the chatbot. Does that mean that a human won’t see my message? Do I have to go through the whole chatbot thing again to send a message? This isn’t easy!

Hi @cally38 

they told me to do what I’d already done, but again the page isn’t loading

You mean the app on your phone’s not loading? You could try deleting the app and reinstalling it. What kind of phone are you using?

I’d also suggest logging into your account via a web browser, too.

Hey @Marc 

No, so when I click through to login on web browser, or I go into the app, I see a planet that says “switch”. When I click this I see this page:

But when I click “continue” the page doesn’t load. I’ve tried several times on both desktop and phone app and it’s the same each time.

Thanks @cally38 

The team tell me you’ve not selected a quote.

Click edit next to the quote, and then select the quote.

[updated post as original reply was incorrect!]

Becca from our team is going to send you a new message too @cally38 

@Marc Hmm so yes, but the problem is that I only see the varibale tariff - they said I should see the fixed one as well. I sent a screenshot but haven’t heard back so not sure what to do - should I just accept this one and then sort it out later?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@cally38 

try again the fixed should now be available, it’s just been updated.

@woz unfortunately they messaged me to say I’ll need to apply again via the comparison site - so for a now more expensive fixed tariff. I had hoped that they would honour the original tariff I applied for.

There’s also something wrong with the support chat - they replied to me and their messages came through about four times, and now it won’t let me send a response.

I really wanted to go with PP for the renewable gas, but with all these issues I’m thinking it’s a bad idea - especially as the new quote is now one of the more expensive ones for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@wozunfortunately they messaged me to say I’ll need to apply again via the comparison site - so for a now more expensive fixed tariff. I had hoped that they would honour the original tariff I applied for.

There’s also something wrong with the support chat - they replied to me and their messages came through about four times, and now it won’t let me send a response.

I really wanted to go with PP for the renewable gas, but with all these issues I’m thinking it’s a bad idea - especially as the new quote is now one of the more expensive ones for me.

@cally38 

That’s very unfortunate, I would have hoped that since you appeared to do everything possible to switch that they would have honoured the original prices or...

If they can’t do  that because it’s not possible retrospectively then perhaps they could have offered you some incentive off your bill to compensate for the increase.

How about it @Marc or @Nataly  ?