Solved

Switch from Utilita Prepaid Part 2

• 5 March 2018
  • 6 replies

PREVIOUSLY on Switching from Utilita Prepaid:

- Asked Pureplanet if i could switch as my meters (http://www.securemeters.com/index.php/products/residential/utility-retailers/smart-metering-gas/liberty-eg4v-10/ and http://www.securemeters.com/index.php/products/smart-meter/liberty-100/) can be set on both Prepaid and Credit mode.

- I got the thumbs up from Marc as he said Pureplanet would've taken care of everything

- Started my switching request on the app

- Been told by Joe and Andy that my switch had to be stopped because i should've hasked Utilita to switch my meters to credit mode before the actual switch because it's already happened that during the switch the meters stayed on prepaid and switched off once they ran out of credit.

NOW:

Alright so just got off the phone with Utilita and they said that they CAN'T switch meters to credit until you begin a request to switch to another provider.

WHEN you (the new provider) request the switch they WILL change the meters from prepaid to credit (i think if you ask them to do so during the switch).

So, where do we go from here ?
icon

Best answer by Bodhi 7 March 2018, 11:35

Just so ya'll know the end of the story and have a complete view if you need to switch from Utilita:

Marc;4527:
Hi @Bodhi
Of course you can switch!
Request the switch to us through the app. Once that goes through, on the day that you switch to us, Utilita should change your meters to credit. ????
View original

6 replies

Guys really, love what you plan to do on paper but we need assurance. Can or cannot you take me as a customer? And if not why is the app still showing my switch as active after Andy said it'd have been reset?
Hi @Bodhi
Great that you want to switch to Pure Planet 😀
All you need to do is start your switch and your previous supplier will change your meter from pre-paid to credit.
But it has happened before that previous suppliers have not successfully done so. The reason is that they change it remotely, and this doesn't always work.
Which is a big hassle of course! But we can't control what previous suppliers do.
But once you switch to us we can sort it. Until your switch date it's the job of the previous supplier.

Hope that clears things up for you!

Your app has been reset. But make sure you log out - best way is to delete it and reinstall it.
NOW (as of 3 minutes ago) it's been reset !

So please @Marc advise me, should i REDO my procedure regardless of what Andy and Joe said ?

Will the switch be done as you and Utilita Customer care say ?

give me a GO/NO GO
Hi @Bodhi
Great to hear that it's working for you 👍
There's no reason why a previous supplier should block your switch, so long as you're not in debt with them.
Here's a link to a thread about the switch process which may be helpful!
@Marc yeah i read all of it before posting anything, just wanted to be sure that you were giving me a GO and i'm doing this publicly so that you won't have to answer the same questions again if future pureplanet wannabes just hit the search button with "prepaid" as a search string.

Back to square one: GO or NO GO ? 😉
Just so ya'll know the end of the story and have a complete view if you need to switch from Utilita:

Marc;4527:
Hi @Bodhi
Of course you can switch!
Request the switch to us through the app. Once that goes through, on the day that you switch to us, Utilita should change your meters to credit. ????