Solved

Switch from business to home tarrif

• 17 October 2020
  • 6 replies

We run our business from our home address and so can have either a business or home tarrif for electricity. Currently we have a business contract from EON which is ending soon. We wish to change to a home tarrif so we can use 100% renewable energy from Pure Planet. Is this possible and if so how do we apply?

Many thanks 😊

icon

Best answer by Mavis1 18 October 2020, 20:32

Im around. 

If the current supplier has the meter registered as a commercial meter, you will have to get them to reregister it as a domestic meter. Once the meter is registered as domestic then you can switch to PP.

If you get a refusal from current supplier then remind them that if the meter supplies any part of a property that you pay council tax on then by law they have ro change it to domestic. 

Obviously if its already domestic then you can switch now  

View original

6 replies

Badge

Hi @Hanholt 

@Marc should be able to let you know on Monday. 

It may depend on your usage/business.

Unless any of our other lovely community know the answer. 

Great to have you on board 👍 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Hanholt 

hi

If your meter is registered as a business meter you can’t switch to PP.

As far as I know the meter is home use. We changed supplier a few years back and as we used around 50% of our use for business during peak season we went onto a business contract. Our meter is the same as when we moved in 10 years ago though

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Hanholt 

I apologise my reply was misleading, when I said meter I should have said supply or meter point. The physical meter is the same. 

I believe although I have no experience personally (@Mavis1 does if he’s around?) that the supply is either treated as a domestic supply or business. If it’s designated as a business supply or if you need the account as a business account PP can’t take it on.

Have a look at your MPAN, does it start with 01?

I don’t know how e.on do things as far as business supplies go but as far as PP go  if it’s a standard domestic meter and you don’t need business invoices and the account is a personal account you should be OK.

Switch and see what happens? You’ve lost nothing if it doesn’t work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Im around. 

If the current supplier has the meter registered as a commercial meter, you will have to get them to reregister it as a domestic meter. Once the meter is registered as domestic then you can switch to PP.

If you get a refusal from current supplier then remind them that if the meter supplies any part of a property that you pay council tax on then by law they have ro change it to domestic. 

Obviously if its already domestic then you can switch now  

Welcome to the community @Hanholt :relaxed:

That’s a spot on reply from @Mavis1 :thumbsup: