Solved

Switch cancelled

• 7 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Directed at Pure Planet (PP) Support:

Moved into a property supplied by PP. Unable to switch to new supplier as PP cancelled the switch due to unpaid bill by. Even though I recieved a letter confirming the switch from PP.
I want to pay the balance for the gas I have used since taking over the property (dates and meter reading will be supplied) and stop any involvedmeant with PP.

PP can chase the old owners of the property for any outdate arrears. 

Normal proceddures on request to switch or close an account have not been adhered to. There was no final statement for me to pay. I have no interest in using PP app.

No contact from PP to me RE the cancellation. 

Replay required in 12hrs otherwise there will be a complaint direcrtly to https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/

Regards

icon

Best answer by woz 7 January 2021, 21:02

@TomiNada

hi Tom

go to purepla.net  /move in or one link further HERE (the main web page should show a link to move in but <that link will take you there)

Follow the prompts it will tell you you’re switching but ignore the sematics (it confuses many because technically you’re switching although already a customer) , click get a quote, follow the prompts and you’ll eventually get an email asking you to verify, make sure you complete that. Along the way you’ll give your banking details etc. Make sure you select the variable tariff.

Post back if there’s anything you want to ask.

View original

5 replies

Hi @TomiNada 

Welcome to the Pure Planet Community, note, not ‘Pure Planet Support’

To​ deal with your points slightly backwards:
​​​​​​
1: “Replay required in 12hrs otherwise there will be a complaint direcrtly to https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/” [sic.]

You cannot complain to OFGEM until such time as you’ve raised an official complaint with Pure Planet, and they’ve been given a reasonable time to resolve it.

2: “Moved into a property supplied by PP. Unable to switch to new supplier as PP cancelled the switch due to unpaid bill by. Even though I recieved a letter confirming the switch from PP.” [sic.]
At the point you moved into the property you became a ‘deemed customer’ of Pure Planet - as per OFGEM regulations, have you followed the guidance here: 

Moving in - property supplied by Pure Planet | Community

3: “Normal proceddures on request to switch or close an account have not been adhered to. There was no final statement for me to pay. I have no interest in using PP app.” [sic.]

Under OFGEM regulations, Pure Planet, or any other provider for that matter, have 6 weeks after you switch suppliers to sort out final meter readings and provide you with a ‘final statement for you to pay’ - provided the readings you supply on the date you switch agree with those supplied by the ‘third-party verifier,’ for further information please see here  Switching suppliers - what happens when you switch | Community (purepla.net) - if the readings don’t agree then there is an ‘appeals process’ which has to be followed.

4: “I want to pay the balance for the gas I have used since taking over the property (dates and meter reading will be supplied) and stop any involvedmeant with PP.” [sic.]

You can’t pay the balance for the gas you have used (not sure what’s happened to the electricity) until such time as:

1: You confirm with Pure Planet your moving in dates, and the readings on the date you moved in.
2: Your new supplier takes over the account (normally 17 days after you apply to switch) and Pure Planet are provided with your closing readings, agreed by the third-party verifier, and issue you a final statement.

If you want to resolve this, you need to follow the necessary procedures for ‘deemed customers’ as laid down by OFGEM. 
Mainly:
Set up an account with Pure Planet, which involves:
1: Telling Pure Planet who you are.
2: Telling Pure Planet when you moved in.
3: Letting Pure Planet know your moving in readings.
4: Providing Pure Planet with your direct debit details.

(You can carry out these three stages either via the app, or by creating an account at purepla.net)

Once you have done the above, then you can apply to change suppliers, once you have applied:
1: When you switching date occurs, provide your new suppliers, and Pure Planet with meter readings (take photographs of them in-case the third-party verifier doesn’t agree.)
2: Pay the final statement from Pure Planet when you get it, normally this will have been covered by your previously set-up Direct Debit.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy
Who apologises if this response is a bit ‘curt,’ but I don’t tend to respond well to people making ’veiled threats,’ and giving people 12 whole hours to respond at 5pm, particularly when they don’t understand the actual procedures laid down.

I don’t, in any way, shape, or form, work for Pure Planet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Gwyndy (and @TomiNada)

The threat wasn’t veiled and you’ve given an excellent reply. I’d just like to  augment some  points for the sake of the original poster.

PP refused the switch because they need to know who is going to pay the bill and that they have reasonable certainty that it will be paid. That applies to every energy company, and is I think, perfectly reasonable. The quickest way to get the outcome wanted is to join, set up a direct debit That’s what I advise as there is a relationship and a DD gives a huge amount of protection, more than any other payment method.

@TomiNada

You don’t need to use an app, everything can be done online at Purepla.net, (although the app is very easy to use).

The statement that you want to pay PP for the energy (gas only?) used when you moved in is unfortunately predicated on an incomplete picture of how things work. You will be responsible for the energy used from the date you took responsibility for the property until the exact date you switch out. I don’t think it’s a great leap of logic to then realise that even if you were to give PP some money now that would not dispense with your obligations. As PP have up to 6 weeks to produce a final bill FROM YOUR SWITCH DATE, it seems to make sense to me to just get on with things so you can switch to a supplier of your choice as soon as possible…..or you could stand on ceremony and delay things as point of misguided principle (the principle being that you have no intention of being a PP customer but circumstances dictate that you are one)

I’m also sorry if this is curt,  the policy of shoot first ask questions later often isn’t the best way to get the wanted outcome. (Unless someone is shooting at you)

I don’t work for PP either.

(replay?)

Thank you to @Gwyndy and @woz 

I have already been through the process of telling PP who I am. So much so that they have sent me a written letter to say sorry I’m leaving. So they know I have moved into the property.

They have had over 2 months to sort this.

They failed to contact me at any point

If any one would be kind enough to point how on earth I am meant to set up an account to let them know I want settle my bill and switch with out taking out a new tarrif I would be greatful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@TomiNada

hi Tom

go to purepla.net  /move in or one link further HERE (the main web page should show a link to move in but <that link will take you there)

Follow the prompts it will tell you you’re switching but ignore the sematics (it confuses many because technically you’re switching although already a customer) , click get a quote, follow the prompts and you’ll eventually get an email asking you to verify, make sure you complete that. Along the way you’ll give your banking details etc. Make sure you select the variable tariff.

Post back if there’s anything you want to ask.

Hi @TomiNada 

Okay, I’ll admit it, I’m confused.

I can’t work out how you told Pure Planet who you are, to the point that they sent you a ‘sorry you’re leaving’ letter without setting up an account.

The ‘general rule’ is that when you move into a new property, you become a ‘deemed customer’ of the existing provider, and have an account with them until you move away (even if you apply to move away the day you move in, you still need an account for the 17 days the switch takes.)

If you are with a provider that deals with things via paper/telephone, you can probably carry out this process with a phone call. In Pure Planet’s case, you normally ‘set-up an account’ by creating one on the Pure Planet site/via the app, this should/would involve selecting a tariff, in your case, as someone who intended to leave, that would presumably be their ‘standard variable’ tariff, as they only have two available at any point in time a ‘12 month fixed,’ and a ‘standard variable.’

In the two months you have been with Pure Planet have you received any communication from them other than the ‘sorry you are leaving letter’? Normally Pure Planet do everything via email/app/web login - so you should have received at the very least a ‘welcome pack’ via email, and one or two statements via email?

Have you tried logging in with your email address at purepla.net ?

Perhaps @Marc or @Nataly need to check with Member Support whether the property is indeed registered to yourself, or to the previous occupier, before you proceed?

Kindest regards

Gwyndy