Solved

Switch and block

• 11 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I joined Pure Planet on 24 Septmber 2020. However, my previous provider advised that the switch was blocked till today….. Today 11 November they unblocked me. I am trying to avoid the double payment fpr the period 24 Sept - 11 Nov,

Please advice, 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by woz 11 November 2020, 13:48

@andrewmoshanov

you can’t avoid the double payment, it’s down to luck and timing in all cases with all providers.

Contact your old provider and if you’re in good credit with them (i.e you have sufficient credit balance after real readings taken into account) they may agree to suspend or reduce your DD. It takes up to 6 weeks for final bills to be produced sometimes less so a double payment is to be expected, but you’ll get back any unused balance in the end.

OR

You could cancel the DD but there is a downside in that if you’re due a refund they won’t be able to process it and you might get some nasty letters if you owe them, but that’s no big deal as long as you pay up in the end or give them bank details for any refund. Your choice.

Also I think?? you will need to restart the switch (if your switch was stopped) which will add another 17 days from when you start.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@andrewmoshanov

you can’t avoid the double payment, it’s down to luck and timing in all cases with all providers.

Contact your old provider and if you’re in good credit with them (i.e you have sufficient credit balance after real readings taken into account) they may agree to suspend or reduce your DD. It takes up to 6 weeks for final bills to be produced sometimes less so a double payment is to be expected, but you’ll get back any unused balance in the end.

OR

You could cancel the DD but there is a downside in that if you’re due a refund they won’t be able to process it and you might get some nasty letters if you owe them, but that’s no big deal as long as you pay up in the end or give them bank details for any refund. Your choice.

Also I think?? you will need to restart the switch (if your switch was stopped) which will add another 17 days from when you start.