Solved

Switch

• 2 September 2019
  • 2 replies

About a week ago I switched to Pureplanet for both my gas and electricity but then realised my old provider would charge me if I left before the end of August. I therefore cancelled my switch with PurePlanet but am now unable to resume a new search as it still shows ‘switching’ ! I am now unsure who my provider is - my old provider or PurePlanet ??
​Please assist
icon

Best answer by woz 2 September 2019, 15:20

hi CKerin
If you cancelled using cancel button it should have reset after a few days. Did you get confirmation that the switch was cancelled?
Have you logged out and back in again?
You need to go to wattbot, type message the team and ask them to confirm switch has been cancelled, that said I'm sure you are still with your supplier as it takes 17 days to switch so if a week ago you're still within cooling off period.
​When does your fixed period end, is it within 49 days?
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi CKerin
If you cancelled using cancel button it should have reset after a few days. Did you get confirmation that the switch was cancelled?
Have you logged out and back in again?
You need to go to wattbot, type message the team and ask them to confirm switch has been cancelled, that said I'm sure you are still with your supplier as it takes 17 days to switch so if a week ago you're still within cooling off period.
​When does your fixed period end, is it within 49 days?
Hey @CKerin

As @woz said if you cancelled your switch, you'll have emails from us with subject "FOR INFO: Your *electricity/gas* cancellation is complete" so may be worth checking your inbox (and spam/junk just in case!) for those?

You're then able to get a new quote and restart your switch to us 🆙

Also worth noting - if you're within 49 days of the end of your current contract, you don't have to pay any exit fees :)
(here's a handy article from Which which may help!)