Switch

• 4 December 2018
  • 14 replies

I switched to Pure Planet in October and somehow they only switched my electric and not my gas so therefore I’m being charged for something I’m not using?! Can you switch this NOW!!

- - - Updated - - -

I have switched to Pure Planet in October and they have only switched my electric and not my gas!! How do I switch my gas NOW! As I’m being charged for gas that I’m not using with them!!

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi graceleak
have you checked your quote and your welcome pack? Did it say both were to switch?
Have you checked with your previous supplier?
It's more likely that you have switched and the problem lies with the previous supplier and your account is not finalised, but I'm guessing..
If you go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type 'message the team' and ask someone to check your account to see what's happened.
If you can it might be prudent to send a photo of your gas meter and the MPRN<-- of the gas meter from one of your previous bills.
Hi @Graceleak
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting. 🆙
I've checked this out with our Member services team. You're on supply with PP for both gas and elec.
It's possible that your previous supplier is disputing your opening reading, which will delay your final bill from them.
Have you sent a message to our team as @woz suggests?
I’m paying for both with you!
Yes I have checked this with my previous supplier and they are waiting for you to finalise my gas account with them and switch.
I also demand a refund of the gas money I have paid to you that you have not been supplying.

- - - Updated - - -

You clearly haven’t notified my previous supplier about the switch of my gas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello grace.
For some reason the gas readings take longer to work through the system.
marc says you have switched both so you wont be charged for the same usage twice, however your old supplier will keep taking payments until they close your acct, this usually takes 6 weeks from when the switch was completed. Why it takes that long lord only knows.
The first person you speak too at your old supplier usually does not have access to closing meter readings. Demand to speak to a manager and i bet they find them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi grace
PP have been supplying you, to be blunt it seems you haven’t understood what’s happening.
Your old supplier will continue to charge until the bill is finalised then you’ll get a refund. That is perfectly normal and pp have NOT been charging you for gas supplied by your old supplier - (I demand sorry i meant suggest you) talk to your old supplier and ask them to reduce the DD to as low as possible
Marc;18799:
Hi @Graceleak
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting. 🆙
I've checked this out with our Member services team. You're on supply with PP for both gas and elec.
It's possible that your previous supplier is disputing your opening reading, which will delay your final bill from them.
Have you sent a message to our team as @woz suggests?
woz;18832:
Hi grace
PP have been supplying you, to be blunt it seems you haven’t understood what’s happening.
Your old supplier will continue to charge until the bill is finalised then you’ll get a refund. That is perfectly normal and pp have NOT been charging you for gas supplied by your old supplier - (I demand sorry i meant suggest you) talk to your old supplier and ask them to reduce the DD to as low as possible

I’m sorry I don’t mean to be blunt, I’m just stressed and confused. So what do I do now? Wait for British Gas to send me a final bill? Or do I have to ring them and close the account? I’m only asking this because I thought you had already closed the account for me as it says that you guys get in contact with my previous suppliers for me, I don’t mean to be rude. As it’s been way over 6 weeks since I switched? Thanks for helping me with this
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi grace

if it’s been 6 weeks BG should have had the final readings, I’d give them another call and if they say they haven’t had the final readings ask to escalate it there and then to a manager. Also ask them to reduce your dad to as close to zero as they can. If they still insist they haven’t had the final readings PP should then be able to contact them to investigate what’s happened. It is possible that the error lies with PP but often when this happens the issue lies with the original supplier. Have you sent a message to pp via wattbot?
woz;18849:
hi grace

if it’s been 6 weeks BG should have had the final readings, I’d give them another call and if they say they haven’t had the final readings ask to escalate it there and then to a manager. Also ask them to reduce your dad to as close to zero as they can. If they still insist they haven’t had the final readings PP should then be able to contact them to investigate what’s happened. It is possible that the error lies with PP but often when this happens the issue lies with the original supplier. Have you sent a message to pp via wattbot?

Hi there, what’s the ‘dad’ and so I need to ring them and cancel that account with them, so it’s all good on this end, you guys are supplying my gas and electric? 🙂 I only ask because you guys said you would sort it and contact them for me... not me.

- - - Updated - - -

Graceleak;18852:
Hi there, what’s the ‘dad’ and so I need to ring them and cancel that account with them, so it’s all good on this end, you guys are supplying my gas and electric? 🙂 I only ask because you guys said you would sort it and contact them for me... not me.

Anyway I’ll sort it. I’ll ring them today again and make sure they cancel my gas account and refund me some money as you’ve been supplying and not them. As long as my gas and electric are set up with you.
Graceleak;18852:
Hi there, what’s the ‘dad’

I think @woz meant DD (short for Direct Debits). Don't cancel your DD, because if you do that they won't be able to refund you. Just ask for British Gas to lower it
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
ooops sorry about the typo, yes DD not dad!
I just don’t understand why you didn’t sort this out in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Iv spoken to British Gas and they are supplying my house not you. They checked on the grid. My gas meter number is 0255552S ...can you please switch my gas to you and inform British Gas.
Look, something has clearly gone wrong that you have messed up therefore I want you to get in touch with British Gas and I will ring them tomorrow as I want to switch back to them. There is no number for me to call on here and it is impossible to get any helpful information from anyone. Therefore I do not want to be with you anymore.
Hi @Graceleak
I'll flag this up with our Member services team.
I'm also going to send you a DM as it may include account info, and this is public forum
🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Graceleak (I nearly wrote gasleak!)
we're a curious lot in here, will you let us know how this ends and what happened?
I didn't think it possible for two suppliers both to be supplying you.
My guess is that your account at BG hasn't been properly flagged/finalised, but that's only a guess.
It's such a a shame you found the process so stressful.