Question

SWITCH

• 8 January 2021
  • 9 replies

I had an email saying I had switched on the 31/10/20 and after two months just got a bill from my old supplier. It looks like I haven’t switched or have I?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@heather lilley 

We in the community are fellow customers and do not have any access to account information.

When you switched, you would should have received an email requesting you to verify your email address, did you receive it and did you reply to it, if you didn't, you haven't switched.

Thanks Duppy, didn’t realise the customer service was a self service system - have reapplied to switch now so hopefully it will resolve itself. Do PP have any staff?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@heather lilley 

Pure Planet is an online company, they do not have call centres or phone line access. Help and support is primarily through the online assistant Wattbot in the help and support section of your account,  most replies are automated but messages can be passed to the team if required, although replies can take up to 3 working days

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks Duppy, didn’t realise the customer service was a self service system - have reapplied to switch now so hopefully it will resolve itself. Do PP have any staff?

@heather lilley Yes they do have staff. As @Duppy  says you can contact them via help & support, initially you’ll get an instant bot response, if it doesn’t help you need to persist until your message has been sent to the team. There are other ways to make contact and you’ll find lots of help from the community.

later edit:

I just looked at your orig.question, may I suggest you contact your “previous” supplier and ask if they think you’ve switched. I’m a bit confused, did you actually get an email saying you’d switched or did it say you’d applied to switch, can you go back to the email and check? (asking because I would think if it said you’d switched that you must have completed the verification step mentioned above)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @heather lilley 

We're all pitching in with thoughts here!

When you switch, it takes 17 days. So your old supplier will send a final bill to settle up, and that can easily take two months to arrive. But it would clearly say FINAL BILL or something similar.

There's two very simple ways of knowing if you've switched. One is you get an email welcome pack - but some people miss that because it goes into a spam folder. So even more definite, the day of the switch, your first direct debit is taken. So your bank statement will tell you if you have paid Pure Planet, and if you haven't, you haven't switched.

Here's a guide to what should happen

Stephen

Thanks all, new to this but getting it. Welcome pack just came so guess the switch worked this time. Glad to be part of the community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That's great, thanks for letting us know! And welcome to the Pure Planet community!

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@heather lilley 

Welcome.

Hey @heather lilley and welcome to the Pure Planet Community! 

Happy to hear your switch is going ahead OK now :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any other questions during your switch (or after for that matter), happy to help! 

Nice one @Duppy @woz @stephenrand for being so quick to help out :pray: