Question

Submitting meter readings while the website is down

• 7 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m switching to PurePlanet and need to submit my meter readings by 8pm today. I have the readings now (our gas meter is in someone else’s flat which is fun in covid-times...) but now the website and app is down for maintenance - it just says ‘Katy we’re setting up your account’ everywhere I go!

Is there a number I can call to submit? Or if they’re submitted late will you correct the estimate you make? 

Really need to sort a smart meter : |

2 replies

I’m switching to PurePlanet and need to submit my meter readings by 8pm today. I have the readings now (our gas meter is in someone else’s flat which is fun in covid-times...) but now the website and app is down for maintenance - it just says ‘Katy we’re setting up your account’ everywhere I go!

Is there a number I can call to submit? Or if they’re submitted late will you correct the estimate you make? 

Really need to sort a smart meter : |

HI @Katy_P 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community.

Do not worry. Although Pure Planet ask for your readings, and photos, your actual switching readings are calculated by third-party validators to ensure both your old and new supplier use the same readings.

Pure Planet ask you to take readings, and provide photos, so they have evidence if something goes wrong with the calculated readings.
Just keep the readings/photos until you can get the app/site to work, then open WattBot:
Three bars top right or ‘Menu’
Get Help and Support
Ask a question

When the bot opens, type ‘Message the team’ and leave a message saying ‘actual meter readings at ….’ and upload the photos.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Katy_P 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet but to your fellow customers - many of whom are pleased to help.

I'm not sure why you can't access the app to submit your resdings. It's certainly worth taking a photo of the readings the day of the switch even if you can't submit readings.

Even if you did, there's an industry-wide process that can take a few weeks to sort out the agreed readings for the switch - if they come up with figures a long way out, then you've got the evidence to challenge them.

And as soon as you can submit readings you can do, and Pure Planet's estimates will then be very accurate.

I'm assuming that you have reached the point in your switch when you have been asked for your readings?

This isn't the best post I've ever written, but it's a start! Post back if you still can't log in to your account post back and more help will be offered

Regards

Stephen