Solved

SMETS2 meter

• 18 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi, I'm in the process of switching to PP because my current supplier is frankly, ridiculous. I have just (today) had SMETS2 meters installed. Will the smart functionality work when my switch is complete? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by MrSmart 19 September 2019, 08:47

Yes they will work but it might take some time. The thing that concerns me is you say they've just been installed - how recently? There might be a delay in PP receiving the accurate meter details if it is within the last few days. If it's weeks then there might not be a problem.

PP do have the functionality, though, to operate SMETS2 meters

ClaireyM;37881:
Hi, I'm in the process of switching to PP because my current supplier is frankly, ridiculous. I have just (today) had SMETS2 meters installed. Will the smart functionality work when my switch is complete? Thanks.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi ClaireyM

The simple answer is, sadly, no. At least, not immediately.

Here's the relevant FAQ:

https://community.purepla.net/content/272-have-smets2-smart-meter-pure-planet#ckb_start

Sorry not to be the bearer of better news.

Stephen
Hi Claire
In theory, yes it should still work. SMETS1 weren’t compatible between different suppliers/ meter readers, hence SMETS2 being installed.
Userlevel 6
Yes they will work but it might take some time. The thing that concerns me is you say they've just been installed - how recently? There might be a delay in PP receiving the accurate meter details if it is within the last few days. If it's weeks then there might not be a problem.

PP do have the functionality, though, to operate SMETS2 meters

ClaireyM;37881: