Solved

Smart meter - switching from British gas

• 31 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I cannot get a gas reading - I think I have managed to get the kWh reading but cannot see a second one
My switch date is today
What do I do??
icon

Best answer by woz 31 August 2019, 16:45

hi pet1969 (a great year!)
don't panic (yet)

You need to read the actual meters not an in home display)
Are you being asked for two electric readings or one? Is that the issue that you can only see one?
You don't say why you can't get a reading, is it because the display is blank? If so you need to wake up the gas meter by pressing one of the buttons red or A or B, or 9 (you may need to hold button for a sec or 2)
What do your meters look like? Do you know who installed them? Was it Brit gas? if so instructions HERE
With the gas you're looking for a reading in cu.m (cubic metres) it may say meter index.
Here is some info on how to read them, if you are still stuck come back with more info?
Pet1969;36569:
I cannot get a gas reading - I think I have managed to get the kWh reading but cannot see a second one
My switch date is today
What do I do??
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi pet1969 (a great year!)
don't panic (yet)

You need to read the actual meters not an in home display)
Are you being asked for two electric readings or one? Is that the issue that you can only see one?
You don't say why you can't get a reading, is it because the display is blank? If so you need to wake up the gas meter by pressing one of the buttons red or A or B, or 9 (you may need to hold button for a sec or 2)
What do your meters look like? Do you know who installed them? Was it Brit gas? if so instructions HERE
With the gas you're looking for a reading in cu.m (cubic metres) it may say meter index.
Here is some info on how to read them, if you are still stuck come back with more info?
Pet1969;36569:
My switch date is today
What do I do??
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hey, we’re all the same age πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚ Cool. Great year indeed! πŸ‘žπŸŒœ