• 11 November 2018
  • 20 replies

its not working. about to give up

- - - Updated - - -

update. have given up
icon

Best answer by woz 12 November 2018, 22:33

hi eetalkvoda
in reply to your question, I can’t remember a similar post on here and i’ve answered lots of queries, that’s not to say that it hasn’t happened to anyone else, but if it has there aren’t many (or any?) similar queries on here.
I can only suspect a glitch at the server end, can I suggest trying again and if it still doesn’t work @Marc Will get the techies to check what’s happened at the pp end. It isn’t common.
What does the app say your status is? Are you getting mails asking you to complete your switch?
Also I didn’t see anyone calling you an imbecile, remember all sorts of people post here, the community can’t know what level of tech awareness someone has when they post, we don’t work for pp, we are just happy customers trying to help, apart from marc who may well be happy and may well be a customer but works for pp, and is also trying to help.
eetalkvoda;16289:
not an imbecile. the e mails regarding quotes and community came through, just not the one for switching. have to wonder how many potential customers have similar problems and don't proceed.
View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
me too, very hard to help when all you have to go on is "it's not working"
You could meet us half way with a clue?
eetalkvoda;16178:
its not working. about to give up

- - - Updated - - -

update. have given up
Welcome to the community @eetalkvoda :)
How can we help?
we just cant get it to work. we can get a quote, we can even join the community, but cant switch. the e mail doesn't come. KI fear the business is doomed.
we obtained a quote then tried to switch. we then went round in circles but a confirmation e mail never came. we can get quotes and even join the community but can we switch? apparently not.
Eetalkvoda

Silly question I know but have you tried switching throguh the PP app ?

TonyMcH
the app directed us to check for an e mail which doesnt arrive. tried several times
Not being funny but have you checked your spam mail ?

eetalkvoda;16285:
the app directed us to check for an e mail which doesnt arrive. tried several times
not an imbecile. the e mails regarding quotes and community came through, just not the one for switching. have to wonder how many potential customers have similar problems and don't proceed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi eetalkvoda
in reply to your question, I can’t remember a similar post on here and i’ve answered lots of queries, that’s not to say that it hasn’t happened to anyone else, but if it has there aren’t many (or any?) similar queries on here.
I can only suspect a glitch at the server end, can I suggest trying again and if it still doesn’t work @Marc Will get the techies to check what’s happened at the pp end. It isn’t common.
What does the app say your status is? Are you getting mails asking you to complete your switch?
Also I didn’t see anyone calling you an imbecile, remember all sorts of people post here, the community can’t know what level of tech awareness someone has when they post, we don’t work for pp, we are just happy customers trying to help, apart from marc who may well be happy and may well be a customer but works for pp, and is also trying to help.
eetalkvoda;16289:
eetalkvoda;16285:

Hi @eetalkvoda
Are you a gmail user? Sometimes the email goes to a folder called 'Promotions'
Could you check that?
Hi,
I am trying to join but I hit server communication error.
Yes I get all emails and I have restarted and reinstalled the app and have tried 4G and WiFi as well
Any other suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
if you get a server communication error just keep trying (is my advice)
tterziysky;16384:
Hi,
Yes I get all emails and I have restarted and reinstalled the app and have tried 4G and WiFi as well
Any other suggestions?
tterziysky;16384:
Hi,
Any other suggestions?

Hi @tterziysky
Welcome to the community!
We've not had any server issues happening. What kind of phone are you using?
I am using Sony Xperia with unlocked bootloader
tterziysky;16494:
I am using Sony Xperia with unlocked bootloader

Thanks for the info @tterziysky
While that sounds to me like a freelance shoe shining service.... our tech team tell me this means you've "rooted" your phone, and that this will cause an unstable environment, which is causing the error message.
I hope this makes sense to you.
Can you stop/reverse this unlocked bootloader? 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;16497:
Thanks for the info @tterziysky
While that sounds to me like a freelance shoe shining service....

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Userlevel 6
Well I never, I learn something new every day. I've been using Gmail for years and never looked in there, its too far down the list 😕. Mine was full of "stuff", nothing from PP though 😉. Thanks marc.

Marc;16328:
Hi @eetalkvoda
Are you a gmail user? Sometimes the email goes to a folder called 'Promotions'
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi gil
if you go to settings on gmail, configure inbox, you can configure so it's not an issue, pic attached

dgilbert2;16858:
Well I never, I learn something new every day. I've been using Gmail for years and never looked in there, its too far down the list 😕. Mine was full of "stuff", nothing from PP though 😉. Thanks marc.
Userlevel 6
Many thanks @woz, that's really helpful 🆙

- - - Updated - - -

Umm, interesting. Just gone to Gmail settings as the images above and Promotions is not ticked, same with Social, and yet those folders continue to fill up! Good old google!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hmm, the point is that all emails will appear in your inbox and shouldn't be segregated into separate "folders", so you should see ALL your emails.